+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuesday Tin-pot Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I don't get the hate for the cup.
    We play in 4 competition's. We are never going to win the fa cup. League cup very unlikely. So it leaves us with promotion or the tin pot.
    So what if the prem clubs are allowed to field under 23s. Prem league clubs play in the fa cup and league cup and field reserve teams.

People keep saying it's a tin pot cup now under 23s are allowed in. Is it them Vs is attitude? Would you moan of the first teamers were allowed to play? Someone give me a genuine reason why they dislike it instead of the baaaaa sheep reasons
    It's insulting to teams down the pyramid having to play a team full of players who look about 12. It only goes to highlight how lopsided the strength of squads are throughout the game if under 23 teams can compete against clubs lower down. For me, if these players can compete with league 1 and 2 teams they should be playing in those leagues, thus improving the quality of the whole pyramid. Rather than being harvested at the top. I know many won't agree with me but that's what I think, should be playing lower down and move when they are ready to play at said level. Rather we play the proper team and lose 8-0 than us playing the u23s any day of the week.

Oh and don't hate the cup, just playing the kids part of it.

Well it looks like we are in for a bumper crowd tomorrow if this site is anything to go by . How many of you lot are going tomorrow? I can see the arguments for playing fringe players but for myself not if any of our first team get long term injuries.

When we played City in the Fa cup they didn't field reserves, it was their first team less Aguero.

Tomorrow night they will be fielding their 5th team

Not even 3/4 first team regulars

Officially it’s the u21s but I think you can field a certain number of over age players

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Viktor

Bola
    Hull
    Ihiekwe
    Edmunds Green

Gratton
    Durose (centre mid? He'll do 🤷*♂️)
    Odoffin
    Sadlier

Grigg
    JJ

Swap Icky for Wood and Wes for Reg at H/T. Give them all a bit but not too many minutes.

Not bringing on the midfield trio of Wiles, Barlaser or Ollie for even a minute. Same with Smudge. Even if 5-0 down.
    7.3 Each EFL Club shall play its Full Available Strength in and during all Matches. Full Available Strength means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

7.4 Qualifying Player means any Player who:

7.4.1 had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture (as defined below);

7.4.2 subsequently starts the immediately following First Team Fixture;

7.4.3 is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;

7.4.4 has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season); or

7.4.5 is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy.

I reckon only Ike, Reg and Griggs would count in the 4 outfield players. The others probably haven’t played enough.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Officially it’s the u21s but I think you can field a certain number of over age players
    7.8.1 at least six of the starting eleven players named on the Team Sheet are players who were aged under 21 as at the 30th June in the year in which the Season concerned commenced; and

7.8.2 no more than two players who:

(i) are aged 21 or over; and

(ii) have made 40 or more appearances in a First Team Fixture (either in the starting elven or as a playing substitute) in each case as at the 30th June in the year in which the Season concerned, shall be named on the Team Sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    7.3 Each EFL Club shall play its Full Available Strength in and during all Matches. Full Available Strength means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

7.4 Qualifying Player means any Player who:

7.4.1 had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture (as defined below);

7.4.2 subsequently starts the immediately following First Team Fixture;

7.4.3 is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;

7.4.4 has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season); or

7.4.5 is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy.

I reckon only Ike, Reg and Griggs would count in the 4 outfield players. The others probably haven’t played enough.
    Sadlier 7.4.4

Must have started 40 games in his entire career.

It's more complicated than Brin's PL or the MM Fantasy League. In fact if Brin was in charge of team selection tomorrow night we'd be starting on -5 goals

It’s the format thats one of the things wrong with it.teams play 3 group games just to get through to the last 16 of each divide north and south…3 out of 8 of the the last set of group games are dead rubbers in the north and two in the south..…but the clubs voted for this format so….

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast