+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuesday Tin-pot Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    It's insulting to teams down the pyramid having to play a team full of players who look about 12. It only goes to highlight how lopsided the strength of squads are throughout the game if under 23 teams can compete against clubs lower down. For me, if these players can compete with league 1 and 2 teams they should be playing in those leagues, thus improving the quality of the whole pyramid. Rather than being harvested at the top. I know many won't agree with me but that's what I think, should be playing lower down and move when they are ready to play at said level. Rather we play the proper team and lose 8-0 than us playing the u23s any day of the week.
    Owd on m8. Did you see who we had playing for is in the first 2 rounds? You cant moan about prem sides playing under 23s when we had 1/2 a dozen of the same age.
    You believe these players are as good as players in our squad/league So if you want them playing in league 1 and 2 do you think we should be loaning them or buying them? And who are we removing from our squad to accommodate these players

The under 21 teams aren’t doing that well, Chelsea team doing ok in the Southern section but majority of them are third/ fourth in their respective 4 team mini leagues

Their inclusion favours the Premiership more than the EFL teams

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Owd on m8. Did you see who we had playing for is in the first 2 rounds? You cant moan about prem sides playing under 23s when we had 1/2 a dozen of the same age.
    You believe these players are as good as players in our squad/league So if you want them playing in league 1 and 2 do you think we should be loaning them or buying them? And who are we removing from our squad to accommodate these players
    Yes I did. We had a mixture of experienced players and a handful of younger guys. But they are our first team players, we don't roll them out just to have a kick about with some older lads. They're first teamers.

Well if they are competing against league 1 and 2 players, albeit with mixed results, that would suggest some of them are capable of playing at our level on a consistent basis. Some won't but many will. Neither. I wish for them to already be at lower league clubs plying their trade until they are ready to play higher up. Who should they replace? Whoever they're better than. Improving the pyramid with better players spread throughout.

Shows my lack of interest in this competition but, should we beat City’s babies, how many games are we from Wembley?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Shows my lack of interest in this competition but, should we beat City’s babies, how many games are we from Wembley?
    4 KO rounds to get through to get to the final at Wembley so maybe 5 games if the semis are H and A or just 4 games if not.

Are we already through irrespective of the result against the nappy wearers, given we've won two out of two already, or not?

It will be interesting to see whether a few City fans turn up to see their kids as it's not that far

I'm quite fancying going to watch this tonight, would be a good chance to see what some of our fringe players can do

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    Are we already through irrespective of the result against the nappy wearers, given we've won two out of two already, or not?
    Anyone out there know the answer?

And here's another question .... is tonight's game on iPlayer ?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast