+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuesday Tin-pot Trophy

Tuesday Tin-pot Trophy

So who do we play? Surely we've got to give some fringe players/youngsters a go. I'm sure the likes of Barlaser, Rathbone and Smith would appreciate a rest so I would go with something like:

Vickers, Harding, Ihiekwe, Hull, Bola, Ogbene, Odoffin, Sadlier, Wiles, Kayode, Ladapo.

It might look a bit 4-4-2 but I'd have Harding on the right of the back 3 and Ogbene and Bola as wing-backs. Don't know what the situation is regarding Hull I have to admit but there's plenty of cover. If we can't throw our young ones in against U-21s when can we?

Tin pot.
    You sound like a massive.
    A competition is just that.

Is this the one that used to be called the Auto Windscreen or Sherpa Van Trophy etc etc ???

Tin pot if we make Wembley?

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Nez View Post
    Is this the one that used to be called the Auto Windscreen or Sherpa Van Trophy etc etc ???
    And ldv and leasing.com and Johnstone’s paint trophies…
    Last edited by clarkey1974; 24-10-2021 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    And ldv and leasing.com and Johnstone’s paint trophies…
    Thanks Clarkey. Well in that case it's worth winning, as we already know ha-ha. Let's go for it I say and it's only Man City's U21's (tongue in cheek)

To me it's tinpot for this fixture only. I've no issues playing Scunny and Donny, even with each club playing fringe players, but to play an under 23s side I find patronising.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    To me it's tinpot for this fixture only. I've no issues playing Scunny and Donny, even with each club playing fringe players, but to play an under 23s side I find patronising.
    I totally agree Grumpy. It was spoiled as soon as the U21 format was added.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Tin pot if we make Wembley?
    Of course it's not tin pot if we get to Wembley, especially if we win it. I remember seeing us win something similar a very long time ago and loved it but I feel the competition has been cheapened by the admission of U-21 teams from the "bigger" clubs. Also my team selection was made with the next league match in mind as I'd rather not risk some of our key players getting injured or picking up a booking and missing the match against Sunderland. Compared with that league game I feel this match does pale into insignificance. Maybe I'll change my point of view when we've played both games. Anyway I think my selection could still win against Man C U-21s.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Nez View Post
    I totally agree Grumpy. It was spoiled as soon as the U21 format was added.
    And for whose “ benefit” was that little gem invented?

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast