+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hamilton Academical v Queens Tuesday 26th October

Getting a bit concerned that we appear to be going down the table rather than up it! We had/have a fantastic team spirit but need to start picking up points again. I do think we need to bring in a more experienced player who has been there and done it at this level to galvanise the team.

Having watched a few games this season now and I’m forming the opinion that although the squad is bigger, we are no better in terms of quality, particularly in the forward area. Defensively I think we are strong enough but in the creative end of the pitch we are poor. I’d sooner see 18 good players in the squad than 24 average players, which we seem to have at the moment.
    My problem this season is that I have still to see a game where I have came away with that feeling of excitement after watching an entertaining game. The closest was after the Partick game last week. The rest has been boring and watching a one paced lethargic looking team hasn’t excited me in the slightest.
    To summarise, we are no better than we were last year. The only difference is we have more cover for bang average players

However the saving grace is that we have a young squad who, if they stick at it, may come good next season

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    However the saving grace is that we have a young squad who, if they stick at it, may come good next season
    How many are on 2 - year contracts and may still be at Palmy next season ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    How many are on 2 - year contracts and may still be at Palmy next season ?
    Chima
    Cochrane
    Paton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)