+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T - Annoying Driving Habits!

Hey, I passed my test in April 1973 aged 17. In almost half a century of driving both privately and professionally I still have a clean licence and have never been pulled over by the police.
    I'm a good driver.😛
    I agree with what Mick say's, but my tip is to drive listening to Classic FM and chill out. Let the idiots get on with it.
    Losing your rag with other drivers puts another bad driver on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    The only time cyclists bug me Ketts are on narrow roads when they cycle side by side so you can’t overtake. Should be single file!
    It’s not the law mate but common courtesy dictates they should ride single file.

I drive a 4x4 but an always extremely slow when driving past courteous cyclists and pull very wide and try to cause as little draft as possible.

However, I had a cocky, Lycra clad c u n t in front of me yesterday on a country lane who thought it was funny to ride at 12 mph and holding the traffic up whilst riding two abreast and chatting to his mate.

I don’t give these t w a t s the same courtesy as was evident from the look on his face and the hand gesture.

Absolute w a n k e r.

Me,I'm turning more into Victor Meldrew as the months pass😁Pet hates where I live are those who insist at driving at about 20mph on my local country roads when they are national speed limit (mostly women drivers of large expensive SUVs) and, even more irritatingly, those who pull out of a side road in front of you when you are on a single carriageway doing 50 or 60 forcing you to drastically slow down/brake and then, rather than accelerate to anywhere near the speed limit, proceed at a steady 30! If they are only going to travel at that speed, why be in such a hurry to pull out in front of you and not wait?

Those who drive one handed while they hang the other flippin arm out the window when driving on a hot Summers day. Also those who pick their nose while driving, filthy habit.

I looked through the rear view mirror and watched a huge beast of a woman holding a box of Mcdonalds fries up to her mouth and eating em whilst driving, the greedy mare.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Those who drive one handed while they hang the other flippin arm out the window when driving on a hot Summers day. Also those who pick their nose while driving, filthy habit.

I looked through the rear view mirror and watched a huge beast of a woman holding a box of Mcdonalds fries up to her mouth and eating em whilst driving, the greedy mare.
    Picking one’s nose whilst driving is not good form, especially if the bogie gets eaten!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Picking one’s nose whilst driving is not good form, especially if the bogie gets eaten!
    I’d never waste one after going to the trouble to pick it.

F*cks me right off when I stop to allow a car coming in the other direction to come through because parked cars cuts the road down to a single lane, you wait there for them to come through and the ignorant ba*tards cannot even acknowledge you for letting them through. The same when going up a steep hill when the guy coming down insists on coming down forcing you to stop on the hill. I have found that young drivers and indeed women tend to be the biggest offenders of a lack of courtesy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    F*cks me right off when I stop to allow a car coming in the other direction to come through because parked cars cuts the road down to a single lane, you wait there for them to come through and the ignorant ba*tards cannot even acknowledge you for letting them through. The same when going up a steep hill when the guy coming down insists on coming down forcing you to stop on the hill. I have found that young drivers and indeed women tend to be the biggest offenders of a lack of courtesy.
    Spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Completely agree with all of the above Mick. I just cannot stand the dogooder drivers, ffs.. once you let someone out they naturally tend let everyone else out. It’s the lights that annoy me most, the small amount of seconds that get wasted can be the difference making it to a crucial meeting or avoiding another set of traffic else where, like a school run. I could go on. Then also those who no it is amber turning red and yet still go past.
    You should move to London. No one ever lets anyone out.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    You should move to London. No one ever lets anyone out.
    You should try moving to Jersey, it’s exactly the opposite.

I can’t remember if it’s law on their roads or just expected but everyone seems to let at least one car out into traffic.

It’s a great place to drive.

The only exception I’d make to this is letting Jeremy Peace out!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)