+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T - Annoying Driving Habits!

People who don't indicate their intention, then decide to indicate halfway through the manouver

Quote Originally Posted by SCOOP115 View Post
    People who don't indicate their intention, then decide to indicate halfway through the manouver
    ...... or just manoeuvre and take it for granted you're aware of their intent. Complete and utter bellwhiffs. Worthy of being dragged out of a car, having their arms torn off and getting beaten with the soggy ends. W@nkers.

And don't get me started with pedestrians stepping from the kerb and into the road without looking first, often because they're too preoccupied with whatever meaningless b@ll@cks they're reading on their mobile phone screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    ...... or just manoeuvre and take it for granted you're aware of their intent. Complete and utter bellwhiffs. Worthy of being dragged out of a car, having their arms torn off and getting beaten with the soggy ends. W@nkers.

And don't get me started with pedestrians stepping from the kerb and into the road without looking first, often because they're too preoccupied with whatever meaningless b@ll@cks they're reading on their mobile phone screen.
    My dad taught me to drive 68, he gave me one piece of advice that was brilliant and has stuck with me for 42 years.......it alludes to what you’ve just said actually!

Dad’s advice,

“Assume everyone else on the road is a f u c k I n g idiot!”

It’s sage advice actually and almost foolproof.

I ignored it on one occasion and pulled out to turn right because the car coming towards me was indicating to turn left into the road I was exiting.

A good job he was driving one of those old cripplemobiles, remember them, pale blue and made of plastic ( as if it was actually fair to advertise you were one of life’s unfortunates on top of actually having to live that burden! )

I digress,

As he pliers into the side of my new company car his “plastic pig” disintegrated into a million pieces, a veritable jigsaw.

He protested his innocence even as I pointed out his indicator was still flashing to turn left!😤🤣

Anyway, lesson learned, treat all other drivers and pedestrians as plankton.

And by the way.......lowlife drivers who drive with their back against the drivers door with their seat in total recline with one arm out of the window whilst gangsta rap or drum and base makes your ears bleed!!

How do these f u c k e r s keep their licences of even get them in the first place.

I’m convinced most are too thick to pass the theory test and that “ringers” are doing these tests for them!

1) People who don't indicate at roundabouts leaving you guessing if they're going straight on or turning right.
    2) Where I live all tractor drivers who drive merrily on doing 30mph in a 60 and ignore the fact that there's 20-30 vehicles behind.
    3) Lorry drivers who tailgate another lorry making it impossible for anyone to get past
    4)Ditto the above where some old soul is doing 40 in a 60 and everyone else closes up and no-one makes any attempt to overtake or leave a decent gap for others to do so.
    There are others but I'll leave it there for now.

I hope you don't mind an intruder, but I find myself agreeing with almost all of what has been said. I passed my driving test in 1962 and used to average around 25,000 mile a year. I thought I was a reasonable driver until I took my LGV test in 1990. God I had drifted into some bad habits.

Taking the LGV (Large Goods Vehicle) test was a real eye opener. I now began to appreciate what driving was all about. I found, myself having to drive for other people on the road. The roads in England up to North Lancashire are a nightmare, only driving in Paris compares.

I do think that more should be incorporated into the driving test to educate new drivers about the size and room that a HGV needs when cornering or taking roundabouts. I used to find that you would leave a gap behind the vehicle in front, appreciating that a forty four ton truck takes some stopping. And what happens, some muppet cuts into the space, causing you to brake and allow another gap to develop.

On the M25 I have seen drivers steering with one hand and using a lap top with the other, women putting their makeup on, drying their nail varnish out of the window. I could go on!!!!

As for the use of indicators, Just don't get me started on that. Are Taxis exempt from using them?

Stay safe everyone.

I reckon most men consider being called a 'bad driver' a bigger insult to their manhood than being told they are lousy in bed!

I had a classic yesterday, I stopped in traffic to allow a bloke to turn right and was mightily p i s s e d off not to even get a quick hand of thanks.

I then noticed this wasn't possible as he was actually turning the wheel with one hand whilst holding his phone to his ear with his other hand!

Absolutely blatant.

Not only an arrogant p r i c k but a total disregard for the law as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I had a classic yesterday, I stopped in traffic to allow a bloke to turn right and was mightily p i s s e d off not to even get a quick hand of thanks.

I then noticed this wasn't possible as he was actually turning the wheel with one hand whilst holding his phone to his ear with his other hand!

Absolutely blatant.

Not only an arrogant p r i c k but a total disregard for the law as well.
    Mate of mine who is an ex copper reckons in a case like this the phone should be taken away from the offender as evidence. This would be a great deterrent for many crimes. If the offender had to surrender their phones it would mean great inconvenience and I'm sure the thought of the authorities having access to all they had looked at would be hated. It would also upset a number of liberal do gooders. Another bonus!

I’m sure you all would have come across the sort of driver in front of you. When slowly approaching a zebra crossing, they’ve already slowed to snails pace to let someone cross who is 3 metres away from the crossing. Kin insane, drive on you pollock they are no way near the lines or have they yet intended to cross.. all this over anticipation is driving me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    I’m sure you all would have come across the sort of driver in front of you. When slowly approaching a zebra crossing, they’ve already slowed to snails pace to let someone cross who is 3 metres away from the crossing. Kin insane, drive on you pollock they are no way near the lines or have they yet intended to cross.. all this over anticipation is driving me nuts.
    and pedestrians who are waiting at a zebra but are more intent on talking to whoever is with them or looking at their mobiles than reacting to you stopping for them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)