+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T - Annoying Driving Habits!

O/T - Annoying Driving Habits!

On Friday I ended up behind two separate drivers both with the same annoying habit.

Every time the traffic in front of them moved or traffic lights changed they failed to react.

Both drivers were constantly distracted and doing other stuff such as rummaging through stuff on the passenger seat.

I’m constantly alert when driving and ready to react to whatever is going on but I’m finding it increasingly frustrating having to share the road with idiots and morons who are just totally ignorant or completely unaware.

The other growing pet hate is the person who wants to let everyone out who wants to pull into the road they’re travelling down even though there’s only themselves and me in the vicinity at that time.

I’m happy to let people out in heavy traffic but I always check my rear view mirror first and oncoming traffic because if there’s nobody oncoming and only another car behind me then there’s no reason to stop and let a car enter in front of you, they’ll have plenty of time to pull out three seconds later......it’s called being aware!

Driving between Merry Hill and Lye has become one of the most stressful things in my life, I’ve taken to using the back roads on most occasions but on Friday I made the mistake of chancing the main dual carriageway again.......a hideous decision.

I found myself screaming at the stupidity and selfishness of other drivers and the total lack of understanding on how to drive a car safely and within the rules.

This included a woman who refused me the space needed to pull to my left to let an ambulance through who had the “blues and twos” on......so desperate was she to protect her “spot” on the road and to hell to the person who might die due to her selfishness.

It’s 42 years this coming week since I passed my driving test......never have I known the standards to be so poor.

If you’re driving then drive, these idiots like one I saw the other day drive me nuts, taking forever to pull away each time and when I got level with him it was because the fat b a s t a r d was constantly reaching to the drivers seat to grab handfuls of crisps etc! 😤😤
    Last edited by mickd1961; 24-10-2021 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    On Friday I ended up behind two separate drivers both with the same annoying habit.

Every time the traffic in front of them moved or traffic lights changed they failed to react.

Both drivers were constantly distracted and doing other stuff such as rummaging through stuff on the passenger seat.

I’m constantly alert when driving and ready to react to whatever is going on but I’m finding it increasingly frustrating having to share the road with idiots and morons who are just totally ignorant or completely unaware.

The other growing pet hate is the person who wants to let everyone out who wants to pull into the road they’re travelling down even though there’s only themselves and me in the vicinity at that time.

I’m happy to let people out in heavy traffic but I always check my rear view mirror first and oncoming traffic because if there’s nobody oncoming and only another car behind me then there’s no reason to stop and let a car enter in front of you, they’ll have plenty of time to pull out three seconds later......it’s called being aware!

Driving between Merry Hill and Lye has become one of the most stressful things in my life, I’ve taken to using the back roads on most occasions but on Friday I made the mistake of chancing the main dual carriageway again.......a hideous decision.

I found myself screaming at the stupidity and selfishness of other drivers and the total lack of understanding on how to drive a car safely and within the rules.

This included a woman who refused me the space needed to pull to my left to let an ambulance through who had the “blues and twos” on......so desperate was she to protect her “spot” on the road and to hell to the person who might die due to her selfishness.

It’s 42 years this coming week since I passed my driving test......never have I known the standards to be so poor.

If you’re driving then drive, these idiots like one I saw the other day drive me nuts, taking forever to pull away each time and when I got level with him it was because the fat b a s t a r d was constantly reaching to the drivers seat to grab handfuls of crisps etc! 😤😤
    Completely agree with all of the above Mick. I just cannot stand the dogooder drivers, ffs.. once you let someone out they naturally tend let everyone else out. It’s the lights that annoy me most, the small amount of seconds that get wasted can be the difference making it to a crucial meeting or avoiding another set of traffic else where, like a school run. I could go on. Then also those who no it is amber turning red and yet still go past.

Try motorway driving from lunchtime on a Friday, it is choc full of clueless w@nkers when during the week the system works pretty well. Driving is a necessity not a leisure pursuit and we all should treat it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

My pet hate in a rush is being behind a tractor - they should be banned from the roads at rush hour. Cyclists are a pain in the rectum too and when they cycle two abreast they deserve to be run over!!

Also hate drivers who dart out of a road to cut into traffic then go really slow!

Young drivers who speed at 60/70 up a 30 mile limit road should face a minimum of a one year ban from driving FFS.

Same irritation plus drivers who never use indicators and expect you to guess where they are going.
    🙄 I’m a perfect driver of course. 😬

One thing I will say is that the quality of driving in Yorkshire and up towards the north east was excellent while I was away.

Motorway driving was a pleasure, people pretty much sticking to the limit and driving properly.

I found it so chilled that my own driving was better and more considered than it is here in the Midlands.

An absence of boy racers and idiots in those areas during my stay.

The driving here locally, particularly from the Lye abs Stourbridge taxi drivers is absolutely abysmal, licences should be revoked especially for these types of drivers.

My biggest complaint is that when drivers are joining a road that you are already on, they expect you to let them in instead of waiting until there is a gap.

Add to this, when drivers are at roundabouts and it’s completely jammed but the one idiot in front stops in the roundabout to let another car on their left out and by doing so stops you taking that next exit, all because they chose to let someone else out and stop you getting on your way. Absolute morons.. you should never be giving way to cars on your left out.. this one really infuriates me. Bloody driver dogooders.

Chelsea Tractor drivers, especially Range Rovers, particularly those with ‘ego’ registration plates, they think that they own the road. I don’t, of course, expect that any WBA Mad participants fall into that category……….?

If I am aware of any of such Chelsea Tractors coming up behind me when am out cycling, I will move out closer to the central white line, just to emphasise the point that have as much right to be there as the aforementioned CT. I am, by the way, well known for my courtesy and pleasant demeanour!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Chelsea Tractor drivers, especially Range Rovers, particularly those with ‘ego’ registration plates, they think that they own the road. I don’t, of course, expect that any WBA Mad participants fall into that category……….?

If I am aware of any of such Chelsea Tractors coming up behind me when am out cycling, I will move out closer to the central white line, just to emphasise the point that have as much right to be there as the aforementioned CT. I am, by the way, well known for my courtesy and pleasant demeanour!

The only time cyclists bug me Ketts are on narrow roads when they cycle side by side so you can’t overtake. Should be single file!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)