+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surely Schopp has to go now

Get Rid of this clown.

So it seems the handshake king/OAP bully has got it wrong yet again.

The players body language towards him says it all. No real eye contact or respectful gestures. Kitching almost tore his shirt off in frustration when subbed. The fact that the players collectively abandoned his tactics and threw caution to the wind in that last 20 mins says it all too. The man is clearly out of his depth.

I've mentioned it myself on other threads about the club being unable or perhaps reluctant to sack him because it would mean paying up his contract. Perhaps I overlooked the fact that the PMG don't really give a feck about settlements as they are yet to pay what they owe the Cryne family 4 years into their tenure.

They sacked Stendel who only had 8 months left on his contract and yet were still seeking compensation from Hearts who appointed Stendel in the wake of him leaving Oakwell.

Trying to understand the PMG's resolute and uncompromising nature, especially where money is concerned, I don't see Schopp being dismissed anytime soon. I'd be astounded if it happened to be honest.

There could be various reasons for not sacking him, and one of them could still be whether they actually care about results and what league we're in. That question/suggestion still keeps popping up.
    Surely any decent rich owner would have acted on us reaching the Play offs with some sensible spending. But no we now find ourselves in the position where all that seems like just a distant dream.
    I don't blame them for Val and Mowatt wanting to leave, but they have seriously messed up with their choice of replacement and Id say hes actually even worse than Jose Mourinho's cone man Mr Morais.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    There could be various reasons for not sacking him, and one of them could still be whether they actually care about results and what league we're in. That question/suggestion still keeps popping up.
    Surely any decent rich owner would have acted on us reaching the Play offs with some sensible spending. But no we now find ourselves in the position where all that seems like just a distant dream.
    I don't blame them for Val and Mowatt wanting to leave, but they have seriously messed up with their choice of replacement and Id say hes actually even worse than Jose Mourinho's cone man Mr Morais.
    He makes Jose Morais look a football genius Acido

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post

So many backward steps.

Only needed a few tweeks and sensible spending to take us forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemsy_Phil View Post
    So many backward steps.

Only needed a few tweeks and sensible spending to take us forwards.
    You are right & we clearly have players in our squad who are more than capable of performing at this level , what seem obvious to us all appears to be going straight over the heads of the suits at Oakwell , Schopp is clearly struggling & the situation can be remedied with a decent experienced coach being brought in .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12