+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surely Schopp has to go now

Surely Schopp has to go now

He is clueless.

Yes he has.

And now the FULL BOARD of directors have to ask themselves why such a successful manager has been such a huge failure.

Could it be that the stand in CEO recruited players that weren’t fully fit ???

Could it be that the stand in CEO instructed Marcus to ditch the successful vertical football of last season - because he wanted to make money from the sale of players ???

Could it be that the stand in CEO didn’t recruit the target strikers necessary to maintain the continuity of the successful tactics that were employed last season ???

Yes - Marcus needs to go now because he has little chance of salvaging the confidence within the team.
    However - the disaster of this season needs to be laid firmly at the door of Paul Conway.

Nudger thas landed in reality. Weve been telling thee this for weeks.

Sooner they leave the better

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Nudger thas landed in reality. Weve been telling thee this for weeks.

Sooner they leave the better
    You have - I was wrong.
    But I only go on facts.
    When the facts change I change my mind.
    The Radio Sheffield Khaled interview is the GAME CHANGER.

In saying that - I don’t want them to leave - that’s if they are willing to change.
    1) Conway dosent make football decisions.
    2) Winning has to be the one and only objective when the players enter the field.
    3) The owners accept that they make a profit from their personal investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Yes he has.

And now the FULL BOARD of directors have to ask themselves why such a successful manager has been such a huge failure.
    Such a successful manager ??

I don't know much at all about herr Schopper, but can he really be called a successful manager/coach ?. Hes shown a total lack of knowledge and understanding so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I don't know much at all about herr Schopper, but can he really be called a successful manager/coach ?. Hes shown a total lack of knowledge and understanding so far.
    Well that’s my point in it.
    Total flop here.
    But a brilliant success in Austria with a club not much bigger than Stocksbridge.
    Something clearly went wrong when moving to Barnsley.
    But a manager like this doesn’t just become cr@p inside a few week.
    So what caused that ?
    It’s up to us fans to point out what might have caused that.

IMO - Schopp or any other manager would not have been able to succeed with the foundations that have been laid down by the owner of the club - Paul Conway.

The only reason why I believe Schopp should leave now is not because he’s a bad manager - it’s because I don’t think he is able to salvage the confidence that has drained away from the players.
    That’s no fault of Schopp - the fault lies in the catalogue of events that’s occurred at the club leading up to his appointment e.g.
    Murray leaving
    Unfit recruits
    Throwing last seasons tactics out of the window

A new face at the top may give the players a boost - but it’s going to be a big task.
    If I were the directors I’d look at appointing a British manager on a short term contract to try and escape relegation - and in the interim look for a longer appointment.

Chien Lee during the playoffs with Swansea said - the team will be stronger no matter if we win the playoffs or we don’t.

Hasn’t happened has it ?
    He needs to ask himself why.

And that’s why I believe the owners are reluctant to sack Schopp.
    Because they know it’s their fault and not his.

And that’s why I believe the owners are reluctant to sack Schopp.
    Because they know it’s their fault and not his.
    Yes Schopp should be working in a sack shop, hed be better at it than trying to be a footy manager.

Ive thought that as well though, that it might not be all about the money and having to pay him off. It might be more about the embarrassment instead, of having to admit they messed up by hiring him in the first place.

Well that’s my point in it.
    Total flop here.
    But a brilliant success in Austria with a club not much bigger than Stocksbridge.
    Something clearly went wrong when moving to Barnsley.
    But a manager like this doesn’t just become cr@p inside a few week.
    So what caused that ?
    It’s up to us fans to point out what might have caused that.

IMO - Schopp or any other manager would not have been able to succeed with the foundations that have been laid down by the owner of the club - Paul Conway.

The only reason why I believe Schopp should leave now is not because he’s a bad manager - it’s because I don’t think he is able to salvage the confidence that has drained away from the players.
    That’s no fault of Schopp - the fault lies in the catalogue of events that’s occurred at the club leading up to his appointment e.g.
    Murray leaving
    Unfit recruits
    Throwing last seasons tactics out of the window

A new face at the top may give the players a boost - but it’s going to be a big task.
    If I were the directors I’d look at appointing a British manager on a short term contract to try and escape relegation - and in the interim look for a longer appointment.

Chien Lee during the playoffs with Swansea said - the team will be stronger no matter if we win the playoffs or we don’t.

Hasn’t happened has it ?
    He needs to ask himself why.
    Hardly a brilliant success. He got Hartberg to 5th and then 7th in a league with 12 clubs.
    They’re currently 6th without him. It’s not really brilliant is it ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast