+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Grim Up North, especially so in Burnley...

It's Grim Up North, especially so in Burnley...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I like John Harris, he's a cracking good journo, you send John out to find poverty and he'll find it, send him out to find people who detest Boris and he'll find them, not a criticism, he's employed by the Guardian, that's his job, he does it well.

He went to Burnley, he could have gone to another 100 towns, probably more, especially in the north and he'd have found the same thing, but Burnley cops it again, especially I suppose because the Guardian can drag up the old chestnut about 'Far Right inspired race-riots' twenty years ago, they love that one on the Left, they'll never let that one go.

You do get to be a bit suspicious though when you see this,

" In December 2020, the church received a huge boost when the BBC’s Ten O’Clock News ran an 11-minute film about the kind of grinding poverty that the Covid crisis had made even worse. Three months before, Burnley had registered the highest rate of infection in England, something partly traced to its high levels of poverty and overcrowded housing; now, those problems were shown in stark and intimate detail."

So according to John Harris and the Guardian, the high levels of Covid infections were due to poverty and overcrowded housing. Virtually all the areas with high levels of infection, the likes of Burnley, Blackburn, Darwen, Bolton, Oldham, Rochdale, Bradford, numerous boroughs in London, Birmingham, Leicester etc, had one other thing in common, high levels of ethnic minority populations, but it's the Guardian, let's not go there eh.

But back to reality, not something the Guardian is keen on, besides returning a Tory MP at the last election, there were Borough Council elections in May, 15 wards voted and just four Labour councillors were returned. Whatever the problems, the good folk of Burnley do not see Labour as the answer.
    Last edited by sinkov; 25-10-2021 at 08:33 AM.

Gove, Sunak and Johnson can spout all they like about "levelling up" sinkov, it is not going to happen while a Tory government is in Westminster.

The Labour Party is dead on its feet, so man the lifeboats - it's every man for himself!

I wondered how long it would be before the ghost of your beloved Saint Margaret appeared in Johnson's Cabinet...

Attachment 20204

This Universal Credit cut BT, it's not really a cut at all is it ? The Tories, in their munificence, implemented a temporary increase at the start of Lockdown, it was always going to revert to it's original level, which it now has done, there has been no cut. Why do Lefties lie about it ?

Across the whole spectrum of benefits for those in need of them, the payments are woeful in their paucity mon ami.

I'm just so glad I am not in need, but am always happy to help out those who are really on their uppers.

BT it won’t happen whoever is in power in our country , this is and has been going on for years the divide has widened and will I feel continue to do so.
    Society is and has become just like the political parties themselves , I’m looking after me and —-locks to everyone else.

However I’d say this as well BT and not just aimed at the Labour Party in our country we have created a generation of lazy layabouts who have no intention of working but in the eyes of our great politicians they’re a vote which makes them very important to their existence in power.

In this country we have molly coddled generations and their children now expect the same.

So my point was that all the parties are culpable for the divide in society - spongers off the state and homelessness and not one of them will ever get to grips with sorting it.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    BT it won’t happen whoever is in power in our country , this is and has been going on for years the divide has widened and will I feel continue to do so.
    Society is and has become just like the political parties themselves , I’m looking after me and —-locks to everyone else.

However I’d say this as well BT and not just aimed at the Labour Party in our country we have created a generation of lazy layabouts who have no intention of working but in the eyes of our great politicians they’re a vote which makes them very important to their existence in power.

In this country we have molly coddled generations and their children now expect the same.

So my point was that all the parties are culpable for the divide in society - spongers off the state and homelessness and not one of them will ever get to grips with sorting it.
    It is called the entitled generation Army.

Anybody? .....and the solution is??

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Anybody? .....and the solution is??

this Dummkopf..thinks he has the answer - Balam.

...not being so Stupid as to vote them into power - we be a good beginning.

If you do not vote them into power then what do you do?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)