+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Them v GLASS’ CLASS

Great display last night ruined by that cheating hun c@nt in the black.
    Soft free kick for the first and as for the penalty well f@ck me... Entirely predictable though,we were never going to be allowed to win that game last night after what happened earlier this week.
    Shout out to Glass for his tactics and also Brooner,best player on the park last night.
    Onto Saturday now and beat the diet huns and continue the improvement.
    And hopefully Glass and Cormack call out the cheating c@nt Beaton and ask for an explanation for hus display (not that we'll get one)

"Aberdeen manager Stephen Glass: "They are a really good team with really good players, so to get undone by a free-kick that doesn't look like a free-kick and a penalty that doesn't look like a penalty, I think that's good for us."

He could get a career as a politician.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    How can those numpties on sportscene think that is a penalty?

Probably because the woman on sportscene last night is also a presenter on rangers TV (the wife's a hun so i know these things). I wouldn't expect her views to be exactly neutral

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    "Aberdeen manager Stephen Glass: "They are a really good team with really good players, so to get undone by a free-kick that doesn't look like a free-kick and a penalty that doesn't look like a penalty, I think that's good for us."

He could get a career as a politician.

I’ve been pretty supportive of Glass but he really has to try to stop saying “group”

Just watched the goals and the penalty was a joke but completely expected One reason why no other team outwith the ugly sisters will be allowed ever to win the league again ( 36 years and counting ). No wonder our league is seen as an utter joke in England and further afield. Last night 's ref would not have been allowed to leave Ibrox alive if Aberdeen had won and his house windows would probably have been put in. That is what football is like in the west of Scotland and one reason I could never live there. The SPFL are the problem and will never do anything which will disadvantage the Old Firm. I agree Cormack should tell it as it is even if that means a heavy fine by the football authorities. Somebody has to stand up and call out the cheating.

No penalty and as for the first it was not even a free kick and to add insult to injury both Goldson and Morelos are offside when free kick is taken.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    Just watched the goals and the penalty was a joke but completely expected One reason why no other team outwith the ugly sisters will be allowed ever to win the league again ( 36 years and counting ). No wonder our league is seen as an utter joke in England and further afield. Last night 's ref would not have been allowed to leave Ibrox alive if Aberdeen had won and his house windows would probably have been put in. That is what football is like in the west of Scotland and one reason I could never live there. The SPFL are the problem and will never do anything which will disadvantage the Old Firm. I agree Cormack should tell it as it is even if that means a heavy fine by the football authorities. Somebody has to stand up and call out the cheating.
    That’s what football is like in all of Scotland

Aside from the dodgy free kick and penalty.
    In the build up to the Ferguson chance at 2-0, Hayes runs across the field with the ball, Balogan or whatever his name is, slides in and attempts to wipe out Hayes, but misses. If we go back a few weeks to Porteous challenge at Castle Greyskull. He got sent off.
    Balogan doesn't even get a talking to, that was as reckless as the one a few weeks ago, foot at the same height with studs towards Hayes.
    We were robbed last night and it leaves a sour taste, no wonder Scottish football is a joke.

Bates has replaced Considine for being awkward in & around the box , giving away needless fouls.
    Was he at fault for the first goal , Someone should've been heading that away.

I saw the highlights , - could see a slight tug on the diving player. It was enough for the ref as he must've seen it.
    There was an earlier unprovoked dive , which he didn't give.

Bates needs to wise up with his clumsiness which will cost us .

Hope the momentum can keep going & it is not just a case of us being better when forced to change - as it was with previous manager.

Excellent result in the circumstances. We were never going to be allowed to win on Saint Walter day so a draw is as good as we could expect.

Beaton is the same guy who awarded Sevco a "goal" when Moshni barged the Albion Rovers keeper into the net after he caught a cross a few years back. One in a long line of "honest mistakes".

Decisions like that are one of the many reasons I don't go much anymore - its pointless. I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised at last nights events, Beaton is a blatant cheat, always has been, he's far from alone, and is about time we and the other clubs stopped putting up with this shyte and called it out properly.

Would be nice if refereeing was part of the review they are doing - how refs are appointed / where they come from / what happens to them when they make "honest mistakes" / how we can cut down on "honest mistakes" etc - sadly I doubt it though.

I missed the first half, but sounds like we were on the front foot and pressing hard for large spells which is good to hear - certainly the first goal came from excellent pressing and pressure.

That said, I thought we sat off far too much second half. Maybe that was tiredness, but we need to keep up a positive mentality for 90 minutes. They are not a particularly good team, belief is key.

To get a result with that defence is really good going, so full marks to Glass and the players for that, but Ojo cost us the second goal by fuucking about and losing the ball instead of making a simple pass & Bates wasn't too clever either, though the pen decision was laughably bad if not remotely surprising.

Bates was also posted totally missing at the first too (which wasn't a free kick either). I'm far from convinced by this lad so far, in fact, I think he may be shyte.

But lets be fair, I never, ever saw 4 points from 6 in these 2 games coming and would have taken that beforehand every day of the week. I'm still far from convinced by Glass overall, but he deserves credit for these results and if he can keep this type of result up then I'll happily hold my hands up and admit I was wrong about him.

3 points against the Diets would certainly go a long way to showing he may just be the man for the job after all...
    Last edited by The_Moog; 28-10-2021 at 03:46 PM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast