+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Burnley v Spurs Carabao Cup Round of 16

Maxwel makes all the difference... we look twice the team after he came on...
    Last edited by WillPark; 27-10-2021 at 08:33 PM.

4 mins Injury time

Nick Pope keeps it to 0-1

Corner for the Londoners. . . . . . .. . . . . cleared

Full Time

Us 0 Them 1

More important game on Saturday

Peter Bankes with his usual display of I'm reffing Burnley so I don't have to give them anything!
    Sunday Pogba commits the same challenge as Skipp did on McNeil and gets sent off ---we didn't even get a foul! He allowed Spurs to waste time once they had taken the lead and Sanchez committed exactly the same misdemeanour as Roberts ---one is cautioned and the other is not.
    We may not be good, however, I am getting really pissed off with the non-decisions that we always seem to get!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Peter Bankes with his usual display of I'm reffing Burnley so I don't have to give them anything!
    Sunday Pogba commits the same challenge as Skipp did on McNeil and gets sent off ---we didn't even get a foul! He allowed Spurs to waste time once they had taken the lead and Sanchez committed exactly the same misdemeanour as Roberts ---one is cautioned and the other is not.
    We may not be good, however, I am getting really pissed off with the non-decisions that we always seem to get!
    We are definitely not good Sub and neither are the referees in the PL.We are hopeless until Cornet came on but I think Collins and Roberts are good signings.

Aye, a lot of the Referee's decisions are that blatant against us, its so obvious and frustrating Sub

I know Sub fairly well, he is knowledgeable on refereeing and not without sympathy for them. When he is getting pissed off by the way our games are being officiated then there really is a problem. But what to do about it, I have no idea, I doubt Sub does either, does anybody ? Maybe Sean should start making more of a song and dance about it, Fergie used to and it worked for him.

Sadly, the game at the top level is becoming so sterile and teams like Burnley, who are physcial, will always be frowned upon and will not now get a fair crack of the whip.
    West Ham v Manchester City last night, a Carabao Cup game, had just 7 fouls in the whole game. City had 64% possession and lots of shots and the game finished 0-0. PLayers are frightened to go into tackles these days because, they can win the ball fairly, their opponent rolls around a bit and, lo and behold, a free kick is given and often the tackler is cautioned.
    As far as I am concerned, they can just get on with it and I shall live with my memories of Brian O'Neill, John Angus, Stuart Pearce et al who played a game which was worth watching.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)