+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Livi A

Just back. Two points dropped imo. We should have managed that 2nd half a lot better than that. Freeman was taking up some brilliant positions to be positive then he'd pass it back....so frustrating. We were crying out for a target to aim at as Clark.....well.... went back to being Clark so can't believe Tam didn't give Biamou more minutes to put their two 6 fut fev centre half's under pressure physically.

Biamou needs to start on Saturday.

Totally agree with Whitfieldarab.

Biamou did more to upset the Livi defenders in the short time he was on the pitch than Clark did for the time he was on.

I watched it on Livi's live streaming (cost £20 grasping B******s) Though both teams were pretty good and even 1st half but Utd took the foot off the gas 2nd half. Played like a training session. Neither full backs tried to get in behind the Livi defence and neither did Chalmers when he came on. Niskenen did try until subbed. To much trying to pass through the oppossion who packed their box.
    We needed to speed the game up not slow it down with constant ball back and across the field. Obviously trying to get Livi to come out and leave gaps but they were not falling for it.

2 points dropped and 2nd place in league given up in my opinion, a bit frustrating but having said that, we have done a lot better results wise than would have predicted at this stage so take that as a positive and lets send the Staints back home empty handed on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Anyone know how many United fans were at the game?
    1,800 I believe

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    1,800 I believe
    That's a fantastic effort on a miserable night, well done to everyone! Nearly tripled the home support

One has to feel sorry for Livi fans, they don't have the population & they have no history or tradition, they were born out of Ferranti Thistle then Meadowbank Thistle.
    Credit to their fans for not going off to support you know who.
    The attendance last night was given as 2,586 so that suggests less than 1,000 home fans.

Why is some people going on about not winning against ten men . Have seen it lots times the team with advantage can't get that goal which would win the game with lot better strikers than we have . Nobody said anything about St Johnstone when we down to ten against them it's not always that easy to even create the chances

Quote Originally Posted by Dave63 View Post
    Why is some people going on about not winning against ten men . Have seen it lots times the team with advantage can't get that goal which would win the game with lot better strikers than we have . Nobody said anything about St Johnstone when we down to ten against them it's not always that easy to even create the chances
    Playing against 10 men in the pissing rain on plastic against a stubborn boring team was never gonna be easy. 4th, one win from being joint top after the first quarter--pretty good, pretty pretty good. If we continue every quarter the same way we'll finish with 84 points!!! Of course it'll never happen but let's enjoy it--remember we were joint favourites to go doon---just look at next door to see how shyte it can get.

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    Playing against 10 men in the pissing rain on plastic against a stubborn boring team was never gonna be easy. 4th, one win from being joint top after the first quarter--pretty good, pretty pretty good. If we continue every quarter the same way we'll finish with 84 points!!! Of course it'll never happen but let's enjoy it--remember we were joint favourites to go doon---just look at next door to see how shyte it can get.
    Wee correction Japan, there are 3 quarters then 5 games.
    After this 1st quarter tho I wouldn't be surprised if we end up better than just top 6, I'm talking Europe. Do we need 4th for that, does it depend on Cup winners etc?
    Yes, one game at a time & all that but I do think we're seeing gradual improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave63 View Post
    Because when you have a one man advantage for 45 minutes of the game its fair to say you have an advantage which, if not capitalised on, can feel a bit disappointing. Equally, if you go down to ten men and hold on then the players get extra praise for digging in and getting a result while a man short, as ours did vs Saints.
    Last edited by tHeArAb; 28-10-2021 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Because when you have a one man advantage for 45 minutes of the game its fair to say you have an advantage which, if not capitalised on, can feel a bit disappointing. Equally, if you go down to ten men and hold on then the players get extra praise for digging in and getting a result while a man short, as ours did vs Saints.
    I seem to remember a game against Motherwell where we went down to 10 early on and proceeded to play them off the park, during Sackies tenure I think.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)