+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Livi A

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Because when you have a one man advantage for 45 minutes of the game its fair to say you have an advantage which, if not capitalised on, can feel a bit disappointing. Equally, if you go down to ten men and hold on then the players get extra praise for digging in and getting a result while a man short, as ours did vs Saints.
    Obviously disappointed but it happens against ten men

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I seem to remember a game against Motherwell where we went down to 10 early on and proceeded to play them off the park, during Sackies tenure I think.
    Cup winning season - Dixon sent off first half. Culminated in Swanaldinho’s Bannon-esque mazy in the second half to secure a 3-0 win. I.i.r.c we were actually better after the red card.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Cup winning season - Dixon sent off first half. Culminated in Swanaldinho’s Bannon-esque mazy in the second half to secure a 3-0 win. I.i.r.c we were actually better after the red card.
    My memory is shocking, remember it happening and that we played 2 up front even with 10 men but completely forget all the details

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Your memory of games is unreal! 😂

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Your memory of games is unreal! ��
    Remarkably so when compared to my own ����

Went through last night but never got a chance to post after it or today but here goes a rambling of thoughts

I think Tam got that wrong last night. How we took aff the Finn who was on the left and then brought on chalmers to play on the right I’ll never know. Should have had both on and both Clark and Max up front. Should have went for the kill

Harkes fell out of the game after his booking

Freeman I’m not sure wtf was up with him he wouldn’t drive forward and would just stop and pass it back

Clark was not happy being subbed

Levitt is f ucking immense so let’s enjoy him while he’s here

Defence in general was good again and done their job well

Why are we pulling everyone back for corners, set pieces etc? How no keep 1 x forward at half way line? Benji caught the ball at one point and we had no chunt up for him to pass too

The bovril was outstanding

The car park after the game was a f ucking disaster

Bring on the fermers

Aufshore,
    Maybe Tam had the same thoughts as many of us that the game was a bit of a banana skin and experimented a bit?

I think he did this by starting Glass and Levitt together as it had to be tried at some point to see if it would work, and maybe things would have been better with Fuchs on for longer. I would also say that Tam has not always used as many subs as he could and was maybe using the squad to save players for Saturday?

Freeman might have been looking at the conditions and didnt want to be the one to make a mistake?

Levitt, what a player! I loved John Eustace and always looked where is career went, but i dont think i will be having to search too far for Levitt as he surely gonna have a career at the very top!

Corners! Been going on for years, and i would love to see some attacking intent with the defence we have and put Niskanen and whatever other flying machine is on the park, which in turn takes attacking players out our box.

big fan of Freeman but that was just like smith last night. We played some good stuff. 1-1 was a dissapointment and we are 4th so all in all still happy. We were favourites to go down and now dundee have better odds than us to win the cup. Perfect stuff - we are a striker away from challenging for 3rd maybe we have him now but not sure he will be prolific but he is our best option up top when he gets fit. Should of scored but meh

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    big fan of Freeman but that was just like smith last night. We played some good stuff. 1-1 was a dissapointment and we are 4th so all in all still happy. We were favourites to go down and now dundee have better odds than us to win the cup. Perfect stuff - we are a striker away from challenging for 3rd maybe we have him now but not sure he will be prolific but he is our best option up top when he gets fit. Should of scored but meh
    Someone mentioned that Freeman was maybe a bit apprehensive on that surface and also previous injury playing on his mind.

Listening to the press saying Dees are back after they got Griffiths, and that result v Dons, if somebody had said we would be 2nd bottom after a 0-5 gubbing and they would be 4th I wouldn't have been surprised.

Now, secretly most of us will be disappointed if we're not at least top 6,
    Massive credit to all for the current feel good factor, I said it last year that we had lost the connection but by god it's back.

Long may it continue

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)