+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Livi A

I was chatting to Livi home and away fan after the match who was very complimentary about Utds passing and the size of our support, he thought we were the best passing team he'd seen.

I'd have took a point before the match, but obviously disappointing not to capitalise second half, and overall I didn't feel we deserved anything more than a point. To be honest, as the game wore on, we were starting to get a bit desperate and giving away some daft free-kicks through our frustration, I was starting to get bit worried there might be a late sting in the tail.

Have to agree with above comments, our full backs have been good this season and got deserved plaudits, but offensively v Livi they were really poor second half (looked a bit shakey defensively too). Freeman for whatever reason refused once to take his man on despite being in great position repeatedly, and by playing the ball inside it was just taking the ball back into congested part of the pitch, he seemed to lack the confidence or doubted he had the pace to beat his man. Made it very predictable/easy for Livi to defend. When Chalmers came on his instinct is to go inside all the time too, but possibly should have created chance to slip in Freeman down the line, but it never happened. McMann was more direct and got to the byeline at least on some occasions, but 2nd half his first touch was bit poor and overhit a few crosses, wasn't his greatest night but conditions/pitch probably didn't help.

Have to mention our goal, the pass by Levitt and assist by Niskanen really was fantastic.

Take a point though, and if we beat St John on Sat, 7/9 pts would represent brilliant return. Still feel going into games we are reliant on our defence having a clean sheet to win games. Other thing that strikes me after first round of fixtures, this is def toughest league in seasons, the hope early doors that Livi/County might be rotten has not happened (prob bad news for Dundee). I could easy see any team outside Old Firm and maybe Hearts, go 4-6 games without a win at some point, because games are so tight (except at Dens midweek obviously).

Thanks guys for all the reports from the match. If we win on Saturday I think this will look like a decent point.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Thanks guys for all the reports from the match. If we win on Saturday I think this will look like a decent point.
    We might win if you do the match thread mate, you've a good record lately

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    Someone mentioned that Freeman was maybe a bit apprehensive on that surface and also previous injury playing on his mind.
    fair point id forgotten that

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    We might win if you do the match thread mate, you've a good record lately
    I have got a 100% Hospo win rate mate,if everybody chips in i'm sure i could handle another tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I have got a 100% Hospo win rate mate,if everybody chips in i'm sure i could handle another tomorrow.
    Hahaha well played mate ��

Apologies btw for not making this weekend as I'd hoped. Not been great healthwise last few weeks so been off work and just taking things easy for the time being. I'm not sure what the situation is with the vaccine passport thing but if my English one will suffice then I may try for the sheep game in November as its likely to be over 10,000 crowd I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Hahaha well played mate ��

Apologies btw for not making this weekend as I'd hoped. Not been great healthwise last few weeks so been off work and just taking things easy for the time being. I'm not sure what the situation is with the vaccine passport thing but if my English one will suffice then I may try for the sheep game in November as its likely to be over 10,000 crowd I'd imagine.
    Nae probs mate,the Sheep have lost out on thousands of pounds in revenue by stating their crowd v Hearts will be below 10,000 and restricting Hearts to 800 fans.I cannie really understand why they turn down easy money with random passport checks(Hearts asked for between 2/3 thousand tickets)but instead aim for the slightly more complicated USA TV market .
    I reckon its due to that lunatic running the asylum up there.

Just read something in the P&J regarding Aberdeen,Cormack was squealing like a pig to the Scottish Government last season about fans being allowed back and now he has got his wish he has decided to restrict the capacity by 50%.
    The reasoning behind this seems to be he said there would be no passport checks at Pittodrie and he is a man of his word regardless of the fact they are losing out on thousands of pounds of match day revenue.Another strange statement says only 65% of season ticket holders will attend the games because the rest are still afraid of catching covid.
    Like that absolute shytehole of a ground it all smells a bit fishy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    only 65% of season ticket holders will attend the games because the rest are still afraid of catching covid.
    That could well be the draft email sitting for Keyes to send to Nelms explaining the estimated attendance at Dees next home game

2 things though, 1 that figure may go up depending on today and 2 will he remember to send it

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)