+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Livi A

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I'd still rather have it, it would put an end to refs favouring the ugly sisters once and for all
    Eh, good ane. ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Eh, good ane. ☹️
    You think not I assume? What's your reasoning? If it's down to cameras they can't lie and it won't be down to the man with the whistle only.

You think not I assume? What's your reasoning? If it's down to cameras they can't lie and it won't be down to the man with the whistle only.
    It will still be the same Scottish referees looking at the videos. No way they are chopping off a last minute winner at Ibrox/Parkhead

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    It will still be the same Scottish referees looking at the videos. No way they are chopping off a last minute winner at Ibrox/Parkhead
    I don't agree, camera evidence has to be used and they would have to be held accountable if they deliberately ignore it. Its used pretty successfully in England and would make a big difference in my opinion. It would certainly make a difference to how things are now anyway

Didn't see any of the game but have to be disappointed and not being able to capitalise on 10 men for 45mins. We had 83% possession at one point when I looked. Shows we still lack that killer instinct in front of goal to some extent. Did the absence of Fuchs from the starting lineup play a part at all? He's the last player I'd have expected to be rested.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Didn't see any of the game but have to be disappointed and not being able to capitalise on 10 men for 45mins. We had 83% possession at one point when I looked. Shows we still lack that killer instinct in front of goal to some extent. Did the absence of Fuchs from the starting lineup play a part at all? He's the last player I'd have expected to be rested.
    He was carrying a knock apparently.

To be fair to Livi they defended brilliantly in the second half

I don't agree, camera evidence has to be used and they would have to be held accountable if they deliberately ignore it. Its used pretty successfully in England and would make a big difference in my opinion. It would certainly make a difference to how things are now anyway
    They dont seem to be held accountable now so how do you think it would be any different next season if VAR comes in? I think there is a system in England where a ref can be dropped after a poor performance, but they are also rotated between Match Ref and 4th official which some media and fans outlets try to make more of if it meets their agenda.

Refs in Scotland seem to be above question and you see that in practice with the number of times a ref goes over to the dugouts and the touchline bans that are dished out, something i am less aware of from doon sooth.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Game was on Alba last night and available on BBC iplayer if you want to catch it up. I think big Max had our best opportunity to win it and with a little luck would have. Mulgrew had a decent long range effort saved too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    They dont seem to be held accountable now so how do you think it would be any different next season if VAR comes in? I think there is a system in England where a ref can be dropped after a poor performance, but they are also rotated between Match Ref and 4th official which some media and fans outlets try to make more of if it meets their agenda.

Refs in Scotland seem to be above question and you see that in practice with the number of times a ref goes over to the dugouts and the touchline bans that are dished out, something i am less aware of from doon sooth.
    They will be right in the spotlight and whether they like it or not will have to get in line. VAR works reasonably effectively everywhere else so I see no reason why Scotland has to be any different. If its clear on camera the correct decision has to be made.

Anyone know how many United fans were at the game?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)