+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wycombe bill

Wycombe bill

It appears they have presented the administrators with a bill for £6M to compensate them in lost TV revenue.

Even if there are FFP points deductions, surely, they can only blame EFL and Covid for the delays in

a) pressing charges on something they knew about 4 years before they brought the charges

b) organising the disciplinary hearing

c) publishing the not guilty verdict

d) taking the entire 28 days allowed before appealing

e) organising the hearing

f) publishing the verdict

etc.............

The DET article on it says "Derby escaped the drop on the final day of last season and survived a points penalty when an independent disciplinary commission fined them for FFP breaches instead."

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the fine for the methodology used that "might have been better explained" on one small part of it? There has been no verdict published yet with regard to any FFP transgressions. The DET is going from bad to worse in its accuracy.

That use of a 100% legal accounting method under UK Law led to the accounts having to be changed and resubmitted. It looks like the resubmission has probably resulted in exceeding FFP limits. Any penalty for that has yet to be decided and/or published and won't count in last season's League table positions. IMO, Wycombe don't have a leg to stand on.

I don't understand what we're supposed to have done wrong, that gives Wycombe any right to a claim. We'll be suing teams for making 90+ minute substitutions at this rate.

I suspect the adminstrators will be filing it in the grey bin in the corner, rather than waste any time dealing with it. if it gets to a liquidation I cant see it being given any credence either. Just one of those annoying little ants that spoil every picnic

I don't think they'll have a case.
    However, what it does show is that, should Derby get those 12 points over turned, or wiggle out of getting the 9 yet to be imposed. Then every club in all divisions, will be trying it on in some form or another.
    I don't think the EFL will give an inch, they daren't.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)