+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Kirchner

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Latest from the administrators, sounds like the guy has his ducks in a row.....

https://www.dcfcbawt.org/post/update...nNyoDM0V1nmDUg
    Interesting...so stay away from social media and you’ll have more credibility Mr.K.
    Next week sounds like it could be important. Fully expect Boro’, Wycombe and the EFL to try and at least prolong things to screw up the January window.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 27-10-2021 at 12:16 PM.

Well to you and me maybe, but to most DCFC fans? guess he is trying to open up a line of communication and win them over and for those of a younger generation than us social media is the way.

Credibility for me, is - sufficient funds, a sensible plan, competent and credible advisors and a willingness to do the deal. Hope it all comes together and maybe the new year will be a good one even if we do go down?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Well to you and me maybe, but to most DCFC fans? guess he is trying to open up a line of communication and win them over and for those of a younger generation than us social media is the way.

Credibility for me, is - sufficient funds, a sensible plan, competent and credible advisors and a willingness to do the deal. Hope it all comes together and maybe the new year will be a good one even if we do go down?
    Suppose so...sad that social media has to equate to such ‘dumbing down’, but I absolutely share your definition of ‘credibility’ in this context.

rA its only dumbing down in as much as we are a different generation!

Anyway Simon Jordan has looked into this guy apparently and he is a smart cookie with billions behind him, make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    rA its only dumbing down in as much as we are a different generation!

Anyway Simon Jordan has looked into this guy apparently and he is a smart cookie with billions behind him, make of that what you will.
    I wasn’t being critical of social media as a whole, Swale...just the fact that a possible future owner feels the need to gather support by immediately ‘dissing’ Forest.
    He can’t possibly understand the rivalry yet and from his point of view at the moment Forest are an irrelevance.
    To me he should be above such stuff but, as you say, there’ll be plenty who disagree.
    Anyway...if he comes up with the goods and ticks all the boxes then that’s the main thing.

Why would you say that he cannot understand the rivalry? Its hardly unique.... in football local rivalries exist all over the UK / Europe / World. Its hardly a complicated phenomenon, and to be honest there is nothing unique about Derby v Forest, save that we are the only local derby with the name derby in it.

In American college sports such rivalries are equally common, albeit not necessarily between such close neighbours as their teams are spread out more, but try telling Michigan vs Ohio State or Texas vs Oklahoma that they have no local rivalry. In-state college rivalries such as Alabama vs Auburn, USC vs UCLA can be even more fierce.

In pro sports, the same is true, Boston vs LA Lakers in the NBA, Green Bay vs Chicago in NFL, Boston vs NY Yankees in MLB. All long standing, if not local, rivalries that would match any one here.

So why would he not understand our little rivalry, once someone has whispered the name of the enemy into hie earole

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I wasn’t being critical of social media as a whole, Swale...just the fact that a possible future owner feels the need to gather support by immediately ‘dissing’ Forest.
    He can’t possibly understand the rivalry yet and from his point of view at the moment Forest are an irrelevance.
    To me he should be above such stuff but, as you say, there’ll be plenty who disagree.
    Anyway...if he comes up with the goods and ticks all the boxes then that’s the main thing.
    He's American, playing to the fans seems to be the owners way and I would expect him to do his homework if he really serious about buying the club. As GP says (we agree again oh dear!) rivalry between teams is not unique to Derby and Forest.

I get what you mean, but given we have a PM who has whole speeches full of meaningless, dumbed down waffle I've realised the world has changed and I refuse to be a grumpy old man!

He's tweeted that he's going to the game tomorrow, I wonder what the other interested buyers think of the tweets?
    I'll admit, I'd prefer the new buyer to be in the background, and keep clear of the headlines (good and bad).

Maybe he is trying to influence the administrators by getting fans support? Obviously the administrators will only consider the "best" bid for the club, but if there were two equally "good" bids, but one had the support of the fans they might lean that way? Just a thought.

gulp, and a very good thought Swale

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)