+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Chris Kirchner

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I was referring to the steely look in the source article more than any actual knowledge, but I do know Glaswegian business contains few softies from shop floor to boardroom, and I've cowered in both
    I know next to nothing about them, Andy, or ‘Glaswegian business’. They certainly seem to be high achievers as far as wealth building is concerned...they also come with one having been imprisoned for alleged VAT fraud. After all we’ve been through in recent times I’d just like to see a healthy combination of ambition and integrity. No idea who of the three or four alleged suitors is best placed to bring that but it’d be nice to see some progress made.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I know next to nothing about them, Andy, or ‘Glaswegian business’. They certainly seem to be high achievers as far as wealth building is concerned...they also come with one having been imprisoned for alleged VAT fraud. After all we’ve been through in recent times I’d just like to see a healthy combination of ambition and integrity. No idea who of the three or four alleged suitors is best placed to bring that but it’d be nice to see some progress made.
    Just out of interest, what was your view on Maxwell when he swoopd in to 'save' us?

Just out of interest, what was your view on Maxwell when he swoopd in to 'save' us?
    Different times...he would have been one of the first high profile owners wouldn’t he?
    Can’t really remember, probably misplaced gratitude...but then he brought us McMinn, Wright and my arguable all time favourite signing...Dean Saunders.
    Undoubted arrogance apart...did anyone know of his ‘faults’ before he arrived? Again, I honestly can’t remember.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 07-11-2021 at 10:46 PM.

Different times...he would have been one of the first high profile owners wouldn’t he?
    Can’t really remember, probably misplaced gratitude...but then he brought us McMinn, Wright and my arguable all time favourite signing...Dean Saunders.
    Undoubted arrogance apart...did anyone know of his ‘faults’ before he arrived? Again, I honestly can’t remember.
    Can’t say I ever liked him, especially after he helicoptered in halfway through a game. Bigger issue to me though is that you and I were enjoying a team probably financed by the guy in the next seat’s pension. As I’ve said before there are few clean hands

Can’t say I ever liked him, especially after he helicoptered in halfway through a game. Bigger issue to me though is that you and I were enjoying a team probably financed by the guy in the next seat’s pension. As I’ve said before there are few clean hands
    Fair point...well made. Unfortunately it doesn’t get us any closer to knowing who, of the current bunch, actually has the ‘cleanest hands’.

Fair point...well made. Unfortunately it doesn’t get us any closer to knowing who, of the current bunch, actually has the ‘cleanest hands’.
    My point is, ‘we’ will never know until well after the event, if ever. And regrettably, unlike almost everything else in life, ‘we’ can’t walk away

I dont know Andy, it would be difficult but not impossible to walk away I agree, but there may be certain circumstances where it may be the only option. For instance if someone whose moral compass you greatly objected to were to acquire the company, or if an owner came in who moved the "franchise" to somewhere other than Derby (as happened with Wimbledon / Milton Keynes)

Does the EFL (and/or Premier League) have the power to stop another Wimbledon / MK? I knew maybe a dozen Wimbledon fans who simply walked away when the move to MK happened (and 12 was a significant proportion of their typical crowd then!) and the newborn Wimbledon AFC started their reincarnation at the bottom of the pyramid groundsharing with my local team. To a man (other genders are available) they totally excommunicated their old team.

So lets say Doug and Dinsdale bought DCFC and moved it to, perhaps, Glasgow (after all Welsh teams can play in the English leagues), what then? Or maybe moved DCFC to Wakefield as the largest city currently with no league team, if the requirement was to stay in England. Or Kirchner moved DCFC to somewhere further afield?

Minds work in mysterious ways, when I first read of Kirchner's apparent interest, my immediate thought was "Kris Krimble". Now we have Double D in the frame and this time there is no twist in my thoughts other than "Who?" as I have no idea who Doug and Dinsdale are and of whom they are caricatures (presuming they are caricatures).

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Minds work in mysterious ways, when I first read of Kirchner's apparent interest, my immediate thought was "Kris Krimble". Now we have Double D in the frame and this time there is no twist in my thoughts other than "Who?" as I have no idea who Doug and Dinsdale are and of whom they are caricatures (presuming they are caricatures).
    The Krays

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Doug and Dinsdale Piranha were the creation of Monty Python (Series 2) and were loosely based on the Krays...allegedly!
    They do appear to bear some sort of resemblance to the Easdale Brothers...but I didn’t say that ‘cos they’re a tad scary...allegedly, and...to confuse you still further...I’m glad I have hedgehogs in my garden...particularly a big one one nicknamed ‘Spiny Norman’!
    Last edited by ramAnag; 08-11-2021 at 03:02 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)