+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Bromley FC 26.10.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Sad state of affairs when someone has no ambition to get out of this league, it’s like the FA cup thing with Tamworth we haven’t reached the proper first round where we usually come in and people were saying it was great. I understand of working within constraints but the owners haven’t shown any sign of ambition and that to some of us is a problem.

We need to get out this league and play in a manner that will do it. Support is going to drop off if it doesn’t happen, although I’ll guess some will be happy playing nice football at Clifton All Whites.
    With regards to the owners, what does ambition look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    With regards to the owners, what does ambition look like?
    I'd be very happy to be wrong on this but I'm guessing it probably means spending untold millions on gambling to win a single automatic promotion place, as per Wrexham, Stockport et al...not to mention Alan Hardy.

Keldsyke I bet you were delighted when Ray Trew and in particular Alan Hardy were showing bucket loads of ambition when they owned the club. Remember those days? Looked great for the outside but once you scratched the surface

That was lots of ambition shown until the money quickly ran out and the former stuck two fingers up at the supporters and appointed an inexperience guy who excelled at powerpoint and was previously putting the cones out and running training sessions; and the latter had some sort of breakdown, ended up looking very ill and put the club up for sale whilst he forget to pay the milk bill.

Were they perhaps both a tad overambitious? Do you really wanna a return to those days?

There are few of us out there that believe this blatant mismanagement and reckless overspending is the reason we are where we currently are in Tier 5.

Having 3 managers, being a national joke in the footballing world, and publicly being put up for sale all, now that was the very definition of sad state of affairs.

The current owners have had to deal with loss income due to the pandemic , god knows what they are putting in each month to cover the costs but I do hope it's far less than some of the previous owners.

Great attendance last night and against Stockport so everyone will have to wait a little longer to see this much predicted drop off in attendances.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I'd be very happy to be wrong on this but I'm guessing it probably means spending untold millions on gambling to win a single automatic promotion place, as per Wrexham, Stockport et al...not to mention Alan Hardy.
    Not at all but getting the right players / personnel / coach / manager like Barrow and Sutton did to get them out this league would be a plan, and they spent next to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    What positives?? Notts blew it and dropped 2 points , games like these where they must take the chance to catch the leaders up , this is why notts will not challenge for top place, and probably not 2nd or 3rd either.
    Football is a result business, nobody cares about the performance, at the end of the season its just cold hard points that matter

To make matters worse Ardley won for Solihull again, as it stands they are more likely to be promoted than us, IB to date has shown he is no upgrade on Ardley. Typical on going case of notts replacing or sacking a manager with one no better or worse

I want to be like all you others put a positive spin on things, but i see another season doomed in this hole of a league, the sad truth is notts are quite good, but not ruthless enough to finish teams off, or more importantly hold a lead, stallard said a very worrying statistic last night, that notts score first in over 75% of their games, but let goals in in the last 15 minutes of between 50 -75 % of the time
    I care about the performance / style of play, even when we were doing well under Nolan for the first half of that season I couldn’t stand it, absolutely terrible. People pay their money to be entertained and I’m guessing that’s why we’re getting very strong crowds this season, so there’s also a financial advantage to it.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Keldsyke I bet you were delighted when Ray Trew and in particular Alan Hardy were showing bucket loads of ambition when they owned the club. Remember those days? Looked great for the outside but once you scratched the surface

That was lots of ambition shown until the money quickly ran out and the former stuck two fingers up at the supporters and appointed an inexperience guy who excelled at powerpoint and was previously putting the cones out and running training sessions; and the latter had some sort of breakdown, ended up looking very ill and put the club up for sale whilst he forget to pay the milk bill.

Were they perhaps both a tad overambitious? Do you really wanna a return to those days?

There are few of us out there that believe this blatant mismanagement and reckless overspending is the reason we are where we currently are in Tier 5.

Having 3 managers, being a national joke in the footballing world, and publicly being put up for sale all, now that was the very definition of sad state of affairs.

The current owners have had to deal with loss income due to the pandemic , god knows what they are putting in each month to cover the costs but I do hope it's far less than some of the previous owners.

Great attendance last night and against Stockport so everyone will have to wait a little longer to see this much predicted drop off in attendances.
    So you’ve read into something that wasn’t said? Don’t presume things!

Ambition isn’t just about money it’s about having the right experienced people around to do that job.

Not at all but getting the right players / personnel / coach / manager like Barrow and Sutton did to get them out this league would be a plan, and they spent next to nothing.
    All true but we don't yet know that we haven't done the above already. We may all have opinions but none of us knows.

So you’ve read into something that wasn’t said? Don’t presume things!

Ambition isn’t just about money it’s about having the right experienced people around to do that job.
    True it isn't.

Ok give us some examples of the right experienced people around to do the job.

Fair comment. But as per Swale’s reply, we don’t no we haven’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    Fair comment. But as per Swale’s reply, we don’t no we haven’t.
    Know!

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast