+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Bromley FC 26.10.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I know this is easy to say in hindsight, but it very reasonable to suggest that we would be sitting one point behind leaders Grimsby now, if we hadn't lost Cameron, Rawlinson and Slocombe for the games against Halifax and Woking.
    In my eyes we do seem to have the right people at the club, to lead us out of this league.
    I was a supporter of Ardley, but truly believe IB is a step up.
    Looking at the squad as it stands we now have Cameron, Taylor, Vincent, Roberts, Rodrigues and Wootton as sell on value, not bad compared to recent sessons.
    The football played in the last three games, gives me reason to believe , if maintained, can bring us promotion this season.
    I think it is something also not to go unnoticed, that we are unbeaten with Cameron in the side.
    But we did lose the players and are not 1 point behind them , notts still have to do it, so no excuses , and come the end of the season nobody cares if you do not go up because of loss of players, look at Torquay last season as a great example

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I know this is easy to say in hindsight, but it very reasonable to suggest that we would be sitting one point behind leaders Grimsby now, if we hadn't lost Cameron, Rawlinson and Slocombe for the games against Halifax and Woking.
    In my eyes we do seem to have the right people at the club, to lead us out of this league.
    I was a supporter of Ardley, but truly believe IB is a step up.
    Looking at the squad as it stands we now have Cameron, Taylor, Vincent, Roberts, Rodrigues and Wootton as sell on value, not bad compared to recent sessons.
    The football played in the last three games, gives me reason to believe , if maintained, can bring us promotion this season.
    I think it is something also not to go unnoticed, that we are unbeaten with Cameron in the side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    The gates under Nolan were actually very good . Yes so far we have been getting strong crowds, but i assure you this will fade , when people are not entertained by watching us be turned over by poor to average sides , and never able to hold onto a lead, entertaining not at all ..
    They were good, obviously being in the top 3 helped and tbf to Hardy was good at promoting the club and giving tickets away to schools but the football was horrific. I wouldn’t compare it to Warnock, he was direct but he also had ball players, Nolans tactic was launch it 100%of the time and hope we won second balls, worked till we got figured out and yates left and then we were bang average result wise playing awful football.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    They were good, obviously being in the top 3 helped and tbf to Hardy was good at promoting the club and giving tickets away to schools but the football was horrific. I wouldn’t compare it to Warnock, he was direct but he also had ball players, Nolans tactic was launch it 100%of the time and hope we won second balls, worked till we got figured out and yates left and then we were bang average result wise playing awful football.
    Even "Big Sam" got us promoted with a direct style.

The gates under Nolan were actually very good . Yes so far we have been getting strong crowds, but i assure you this will fade , when people are not entertained by watching us be turned over by poor to average sides , and never able to hold onto a lead, entertaining not at all ..
    Ardleys gone ....

Interesting view pedro, i remember when Warnock said once at one of his interviews for his new managers job , they asked him what type of football would he bring, Warnock said "Winning football" i thought this absolutely brilliant
    Are you comparing Warnock style with Nolan and Cotterill? If you are I have to disagree with that sometimes direct yes but with more than a modicum of skill mixed in.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Are you comparing Warnock style with Nolan and Cotterill? If you are I have to disagree with that sometimes direct yes but with more than a modicum of skill mixed in.

No i am on about winning football,and that is the ultimate point that warnock was making , because that is what it is all about in the end

its all very well playing entertaining football but only if successful, personally i do not give a hoot what style a manager chooses, as long as it successful

No i am on about winning football,and that is the ultimate point that warnock was making , because that is what it is all about in the end

its all very well playing entertaining football but only if successful, personally i do not give a hoot what style a manager chooses, as long as it successful
    I think I take a look at the bigger picture.At present we seem to be creating chances and spurning them.Bearing that in mind I think he deserves the chance to find that elusive piece of the puzzle.

It's not like when Ardley was in charge when we were boring and not creating anything of note and being made to look silly by teams with less facilities, less money and a much inferior infrastructure.

If under IB We become a team that is stagnating or worse moving backwards then I would expect him to be removed but af present I believe we are progressing quite nicely but we are most definitely work in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Not sure what all the asterisks and name calling are all about, this has been a pretty good natured discussion so far. If we’re judging players on all the great clubs that are after them and at what level they’ve played, what clubs are after Kyle Wootton that you know of and how’s he done previously at league level?
    This

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Good debate this.

Agree with matt_magpie that's always the problem with that style I believe it's disliked by the majority of fans who rightly are more than happy when winning games but when results turn so do the fans. Their patience is a little shorter when it becomes awful football to watch and only bang average results. The goodwill soon evaporates.

Naturally we all want to witness 'winning football' and I believe the chances of seeing that at this level are more likely if you adopt the Nolan/Big Sam/Cotterill approach but the owners are going down a different route and need to be committed to this fresh approach both on and off field. Both are very different to what we've seen before. I believe Burchnallball is significantly different and much better to Ardleyball.

I've read for the last two years or so how our attendances will drop off significantly and thankfully we've seen no evidence of this.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I think I take a look at the bigger picture.At present we seem to be creating chances and spurning them.Bearing that in mind I think he deserves the chance to find that elusive piece of the puzzle.

It's not like when Ardley was in charge when we were boring and not creating anything of note and being made to look silly by teams with less facilities, less money and a much inferior infrastructure.

If under IB We become a team that is stagnating or worse moving backwards then I would expect him to be removed but af present I believe we are progressing quite nicely but we are most definitely work in progress.
    Fair enough the bigger picture is fine, definitely deserves to find the elusive part of the jigsaw which he may well do

All i have said is at the moment, despite his more attacking style which i agree on the face of it seems more positive , he has certainly been no better than Ardley to date, in fact he is worse at this moment in time.
    And IB has been made to look silly with teams that have less facilities , less money, and much inferior infrastructure. But this is no surprise given he has limited experience at this level. Now he may well find the missing piece, but is just as likely to carry on as he is

Personally for me, IB was the wrong manager for Notts and i said so at the time , It just continues Notts long self destruct of replacing a manager with one no better, or worse. if Ardley was replaced it should have been with a manager with more experience of the national league , or more of an impact type of manager. Still IB is work in progress, and i hope all the pieces come together. There is still plenty of games left this season, and the next 2 against Grimsby and Solihull are very important

How do we rank progression, well we have been 3rd, then 5th, and firstly to the play off final then the playoff semi final, so any worse than that is not progression. IB also has the advantage of crowds backing the players, a big positive advantage on what Ardley had

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast