+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Man City U21 Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Absolute delusions if people think Sadlier is a viable, consistent, long term option behind Smudge. Average as average can be against meaningful opposition. If we played Donny every week or some kids then perhaps, everyone else? Not a chance. Hence why he doesn't play usually.
    Just an opinion MT - not saying it would be consistent or long term and not even sure it is viable. Just saying that I would like to see him given a go in that position to see how it might work out. You may well be right, but I think there is a good footballer in there, although I would have been swearing at the screen along with you up to him scoring the pen last night!

If no Grigg, not sure Freddie is the answer and the more I see of Kayode the more I think he's not and may not be ready even for League 1. Hope he proves me wrong though!

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Just an opinion MT - not saying it would be consistent or long term and not even sure it is viable. Just saying that I would like to see him given a go in that position to see how it might work out. You may well be right, but I think there is a good footballer in there, although I would have been swearing at the screen along with you up to him scoring the pen last night!

If no Grigg, not sure Freddie is the answer and the more I see of Kayode the more I think he's not and may not be ready even for League 1. Hope he proves me wrong though!
    Fair enough, delusions was too strong a choice of word. It just frustrates me that because he can take a free kick the rest of his play is seemingly forgotten. Ironic really because it is largely forgettable and frustrating. Takes forever to cross (wants to beat his man numerous times), crosses are generally quite poor for someone technically decent, tries to shoot from any and all angles (no matter how unlikely), not overly quick, not overly strong or athletic. He's just so average but bangs in a set piece so we pray for more, it ain't there. One of those players that probably looks great in training, lacks that edge for me in proper games.

7 games in the league, 1 goal, penalty.
    1 game 1 goal in Efl Cup, free kick.
    3 games, 3 goals Papa Johns Trophy, 2 set pieces.

If the game was taking pens and free kicks I'd pick him, but it isn't.

Agree about Freddie but I'd give him the one game, you never know, he does pop up with goals, somehow. Alternatives aren't great to be fair.

Doubt Warney will start Saturday with Sadlier be Ladapo playing happy families as usual. But to me you win game with side you start with so see whose right

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Doubt Warney will start Saturday with Sadlier be Ladapo playing happy families as usual. But to me you win game with side you start with so see whose right
    I guess it's where you and I differ on this and several other posts. I agree with you that I'd like to see Sadlier given a try in this position based on my limited knowledge of football. However, I am humble in my ignorance in tha Warne has a lifetime of playing, coaching and managing and works with the players everyday so if he does go with Freddie, as we suspect he will, then I would say it is more down to him thinking that he is the best person for that position against that team rather than he's one of his mates. It won't stop me having an opinion, or questioing Warne's at times, but to assume he makes decisions based on friendship groups is grossly unfair to Warne. IMO!

I wasn't there but I've always said even if Grigg could play against Sunderland Sadlier would be my choice playing no. 10 role behind Smith. There's goals in him & he can take good free kicks. Another thing Miller Top whose opinions I take notice of I can't understand why Hull is in front of Cooper who appears to have gone the way of others discarded.
    That might be Sadlier’s best position but I’m still not convinced about him tbh.
    I like Cooper and Hull but neither will be starting anytime soon

Ladapo would definitely should start for me but Sadlier scored three and Warney might look at that and play him wingback which doesn’t suit him
    Last edited by millertop; 27-10-2021 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I guess it does and it doesn't beau. I think it's only 4 senior players and tbh you wouldn't want 11 youngsters on the field at once as the experience from the seasoned pros has to be helpful.

Tbh I thought our squad last night was perfect for this comp. Bench warmers and youngsters. With old head woody thrown in
    Your responses have all been logical and all make sense, so I’m not trying to maintain an argument with you, lol, but I fundamentally disagree with having a competition where not all participants are playing by the same rules and have the same freedom to make whatever selections they like. Please don’t think I’m not enjoying the football, how could I not.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Your responses have all been logical and all make sense, so I’m not trying to maintain an argument with you, lol, but I fundamentally disagree with having a competition where not all participants are playing by the same rules and have the same freedom to make whatever selections they like. Please don’t think I’m not enjoying the football, how could I not.
    Everyone on a forum are entitled to a opinion. I would sooner listen to the point of view and try to understand the logic behind it rather than tell people there opinion is wrong (apart from topsy &#128516 I apologise if I gave the impression I'm wanting to argue. As you say. The football (or results) have prob been the best we have seen for a while now.

Basically it was a superfluous game in an irrelevant competition despatched with style and minimum fuss.

P.S.....young Warne looked a bit lost when he came on, he chased about a lot and closed them down. Certainly needs some red meat down him, he looks far too lightweight. JJ could do with some more aswell, still abit off it, maybe needs a goal to pep him up, hope it this Saturday. Time on both their sides........UTM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast