+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Man City U21 Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    P.S.....young Warne looked a bit lost when he came on, he chased about a lot and closed them down. Certainly needs some red meat down him, he looks far too lightweight. JJ could do with some more aswell, still abit off it, maybe needs a goal to pep him up, hope it this Saturday. Time on both their sides........UTM.
    Red meat?

Sacrilege

Bean burgers required, toasted marshmallows and a sing song around the campfire

Name:  grist.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  58.9 KB

That's KerrAvon (in his dreams).

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Ladapo would definitely should start for me but Sadlier scored three and Warney might look at that and play him wingback which doesn’t suit him
    I am not a Sadlier fan, although delighted with his 3 goals. He looks good in this competition but hasn’t impressed in the league. Even playing at 10 I don’t think he’ll impress in the league either. Oggy, Miller and Ferguson are in front of him as wing backs, so expect him to be on the bench on Saturday.

I trust Warne has the common sense not to get all gooey eyed over Sadlier' 3 goals and starts him Saturday because of it.

We have currently a very good balance in the side and Sadlier would only slow our game down and put it out of synch.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Red meat?

Sacrilege

Bean burgers required, toasted marshmallows and a sing song around the campfire
    ...slap him every morning then with a non-binary fish............

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I trust Warne has the common sense not to get all gooey eyed over Sadlier' 3 goals and starts him Saturday because of it.

We have currently a very good balance in the side and Sadlier would only slow our game down and put it out of synch.
    Disagree apart from Smith our other forwards don't fill me with confidence. I've said well before Sadlier's 3 goals tues he needs to be played in the no. 10 role behind Smith but it won't happen Warney likes to keep his boys happy so Ladapo will start. That's one of the reasons I'll be a Warney boy!

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Disagree apart from Smith our other forwards don't fill me with confidence. I've said well before Sadlier's 3 goals tues he needs to be played in the no. 10 role behind Smith but it won't happen Warney likes to keep his boys happy so Ladapo will start. That's one of the reasons I'll be a Warney boy!
    I assume you mean "won't" be a Warney boy?

On to the matter of a number 10, irrespective of who plays there. I think there's much more to it than you've considered. Presently we play with two up top: Grigg or Ladapo play alongside Smith. In reality they play "off him".

A number 10 as you allude would play behind Smith. "In the hole" to use old parlance. And therein, in my opinion, would be the problem. The magic in our team comes from the central triangle of Barlaser, Wiles and Rathbone (with Lindsay to come back into the reckoning soon I hope). Everything we do spawns out of that golden triangle. The pinged diagonal balls to our flying wing backs. The receiving of the ball from the back three. The running into gaps to support the front two. The space created by the constant moving of opposition teams as they try to cover Wiles and Rathbone's movement. Sticking a number 10 in has the potential to completely change that dynamic. It puts an extra body of ours into Wiles/Rathbone target space plus it's likely to bring an opposition defender into that area.

Because of the above, I would do absolutely everything possible to keep and to maximise the effect of our golden triangle.

I think Sadlier, as good as he possibly is, is just at the wrong club at the wrong time. He's not a winger or wing back. I think he probably is a good number 10. But I wouldn't risk our golden triangle. He's perhaps an option if ever opponents work out how to combat our current set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post

On to the matter of a number 10, irrespective of who plays there. I think there's much more to it than you've considered. Presently we play with two up top: Grigg or Ladapo play alongside Smith. In reality they play "off him".

A number 10 as you allude would play behind Smith. "In the hole" to use old parlance. And therein, in my opinion, would be the problem. The magic in our team comes from the central triangle of Barlaser, Wiles and Rathbone (with Lindsay to come back into the reckoning soon I hope). Everything we do spawns out of that golden triangle. The pinged diagonal balls to our flying wing backs. The receiving of the ball from the back three. The running into gaps to support the front two. The space created by the constant moving of opposition teams as they try to cover Wiles and Rathbone's movement. Sticking a number 10 in has the potential to completely change that dynamic. It puts an extra body of ours into Wiles/Rathbone target space plus it's likely to bring an opposition defender into that area.

Because of the above, I would do absolutely everything possible to keep and to maximise the effect of our golden triangle.

I think Sadlier, as good as he possibly is, is just at the wrong club at the wrong time. He's not a winger or wing back. I think he probably is a good number 10. But I wouldn't risk our golden triangle. He's perhaps an option if ever opponents work out how to combat our current set up.
    Good post Grumps

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post

Yes I meant never be a Warney boy. Sadlier scored goals for Doncaster can't see why he can't for us.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast