+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Man City U21 Post Match Thoughts

Most enjoyable game. Well done everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post

Does show the massive gap between academy/development football and league football.
    That was my first thought, but look at other U-21 results v L1 and 2 teams last night and it certainly puts the gloss back on, if you see what I mean. Great result even if I don’t care for the competition itself. Nice to see quality players coming through.

The MEN view, some of these grapes are sour. https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...delap-21978470

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    The MEN view, some of these grapes are sour. https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...delap-21978470
    I didn't realise they had a player they've paid 9m for (so far) who was making his debut. Came on at half time when it was 0-0 so it looks like he was good value

Yeah cam, that was a surprise to me too

Didn't go last night, but went to previous game, at the end of the day,all teams in this competition play weakened sides including us,so the 3 results so far are pretty remarkable, I'm sure Man City's kids are no mugs so a massive well done to everyone 👍.

9m for that young Kayky they have got too much money these big clubs.It just shows when an under 21 is worth more than all our team put together football will die.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Tbh I think that the MEN link is a pretty fair assessment of the game

Cam Not only did they pay 9 million for him he's been training in the first team along with 5 others who also have played for city in the EFL cup.
    I get the feeling some don't like the premier League under 21s in the comp because of the "them Vs us" attitude or them with money telling us poor clubs what to do. It's not for the footballing skills.
    The cup was on its arse long before these teams joined. (Add EFL cup to that)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    9m for that young Kayky they have got too much money these big clubs.It just shows when an under 21 is worth more than all our team put together football will die.
    The 9Million is only a down payment. Furminese are looking for 25 Million for him….now that is a joke!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast