+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Player ratings v Bromley

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    A bit more detail:

Patterson 7 - a couple of good saves, distribution superb first half but went a bit awry in the second.
    Brindley 7 - some good forward runs out of defence.
    Rawlinson 7 - a good, solid performance.
    Cameron 8 - won most of his challenges, really good goal, led by example.
    DKE 6 - usual commitment, but let down by his crossing.
    JOB 7 - always involved, covered a lot of ground.
    Palmer 9* - Sheer quality. Always available for a pass and barely wasted a ball. Too good for this level.
    Vincent 6 - seemed to be trying a bit too hard, not many things worked.
    Taylor 7 - did well defensively and going forward, caused them a few problems.
    Rodrigues 6 - no real impact, a few decent runs but struggled to work a shooting position.
    Wootton 7 - held the ball up well, got others involved.

Roberts 6.5 - took a while to get going, unlucky not to score.
    Mitchell 5 - had a good chance to win it, but badly scuffed his shot and it ended up more of a pass back to their keeper.

The ref 4 - he seemed so determined not to be influenced by the crowd that the 50/50 decisions went 90/10 in their favour. It had to be a really blatant foul for him to give us a free kick.
    I notice DKE getting 6 from most. I don’t like singling players out for criticism but I thought he was awful last night and if we are going to continue with the current team shape we need to have someone better. He always gives his all and wins headers he has no right to at times but he was a noticeable weak link last night. He missed scoring opportunities and his delivery was poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    I notice DKE getting 6 from most. I don’t like singling players out for criticism but I thought he was awful last night and if we are going to continue with the current team shape we need to have someone better. He always gives his all and wins headers he has no right to at times but he was a noticeable weak link last night. He missed scoring opportunities and his delivery was poor.
    Bit harsh on DKE. he was always available to receive the ball and the chances he missed were half chances at best. The reason their No.5 lost his rag with him is because he was a real thorn in his side. However, I will concede there were a couple of times he got caught out of position when defending but at the moment he still starts ahead of Nemane for me who despite showing signs of being an attacking threat hasn't yet showed me he has the discipline to fulfil the defensive duties expected of a wing back.

I’m somewhere in the middle with DKE. He was really good against Stockport but poor last night. I would actually prefer to see Brindley at RWB and Lacey, Rawlo and Cameron as CB’s.

RWB is a weak area for us I think. Didn’t Knight ply there briefly in preseason?

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I’m somewhere in the middle with DKE. He was really good against Stockport but poor last night. I would actually prefer to see Brindley at RWB and Lacey, Rawlo and Cameron as CB’s.

RWB is a weak area for us I think. Didn’t Knight ply there briefly in preseason?
    I think Nemane would be the ideal attacking candidate there. Brindley would be my choice as a more defence minded set up. DKE for me is just too inconsistent and also a liability. He often lunges into tackles either allowing the opposition to escape or he makes a foul, again heaping pressure on us

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I think Nemane would be the ideal attacking candidate there. Brindley would be my choice as a more defence minded set up. DKE for me is just too inconsistent and also a liability. He often lunges into tackles either allowing the opposition to escape or he makes a foul, again heaping pressure on us
    I doubt we have any promotion-level for RWB.
    We're 13 games in now and we've seen Nemane there for just 1 half of football - it isn't going to happen.
    I think DKE is the best choice on a short list of poor options. He was tops against Stockport but as you and i961pie have said, it's about doing it on a consistent basis and a promotion bid needs consistent performers. Without new recruits, our 3-5-2 is a 'stuck in the pack' trajectory...(gives the opposition way too much respect)
    Making a 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-3-2 work, with defenders trusted to defend gives us a better chance of hitting on a promotion formula IMO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12