+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player ratings v Bromley

Player ratings v Bromley

Just the express version tonight:

Patterson 7
    Brindley 7
    Rawlinson 7
    Cameron 8
    DKE 6
    JOB 7
    Palmer 9*
    Vincent 6
    Taylor 7
    Rodrigues 6
    Wootton 7

Roberts 6.5
    Mitchell 5

Patterson 7 Some nerve shredding moments when pissing about with it. Commanded his box well and appeared to be a bit unlucky with the goal.

Brindley 6 Ok, did nothing wrong but I’d like to see him more positive in possession.

Rawlinson 6 Coped with the expected aerial barrage well, especially in the first half.

Cameron 8 Good performance, excellent goal. Easy to see why IB made him captain.

Taylor 9 Best I’ve seen from him, solid in defence and a danger going forward. I don’t know who won MOM but I hope he did.

DKE. 6 Hilarious battle with their No 5, a bloke who’s about 6 inches bigger than him. Got into some good positions in the second half, but didn’t make the most of them. A lot of opponents attack down our left hand side.

Vincent 7 A bit off the pace in the first half, but like others stepped it up in the second, and his subbing took a bit of the air out of our momentum.

JOB 7 Tricky one, I thought he should have been subbed because he gave the ball away a lot, but then he’ll do something really good like setting up Mitchell for what should have been the winner.

Palmer 8 Class footballer at this level, involved in most of the things we did well. I’d like to see him shoot more though.

Rodrigues 6 Didn’t really get into the game, largely due to being kicked up in the air every time he went near the ball.

Wootton 6 I’m not his biggest fan, but he held the ball up well. Not much of a goal threat though and he does get bullied for a bloke of his size. Their CH was absolutely enormous though.

Subs

Roberts 7 Looked more back to his old self cos he didn’t try and take on the whole of Bromley on his own. Broke the bar with a great effort.

Mitchell 5 What a chance.

Minus 2 points for whoever was at fault for the goal.
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 26-10-2021 at 11:07 PM.

Thanks for posting these. Looks like another decent performance, but one that will go down as two points dropped. The encouraging thing appears to be that the overall level of performance has gone up in recent weeks.

Out of interest, how did Cheek play for Bromley? Invariably seems to score against us, which is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Thanks for posting these. Looks like another decent performance, but one that will go down as two points dropped. The encouraging thing appears to be that the overall level of performance has gone up in recent weeks.

Out of interest, how did Cheek play for Bromley? Invariably seems to score against us, which is annoying.
    I thought Taylor, Cameron and Palmer were excellent last night and all worthy of a 9.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post

Cheek was anonymous….apart from the goal 🤦*♂️

The only player who stood out to me from Bromley was their number 18, whoever that was. The rest were very very average but who know their limitations and get the best out of what they have.

Patterson 6.5 - Not much to do
    Brindley 6 - Solid enough defensively just a little hesitant on the ball

Rawlinson 7 - Steady performance against some big strikers

Cameron 8 - Cracking goal and dealt well in the air against their strikers, carried the ball forward at every opportunity

DKE 6 - Got in some good positions but his distribution could have been better, great chance at the back post to score

Taylor 9 - Arguably our best player, defensively was strong, a great outlet going forward with some good balls into the box

Vincent 7.5 - Took a while to settle into the game but he looks a very decent player on the ball

Palmer 9.5 - What a player he is, So calm on the ball and picks the right pass every time. MOTM for me and is most games i've seen him

JOB 5 - I'm a fan of Jim but he was poor last night. Gave the ball away 90% of the time and extremely lethargic on the ball. Capable of a defense splitting pass tho

Rodriguez 6 - Struggled to influence the game. Sometimes he tries too much when a simple pass is a better option.

Wootton 6 - I'm a big fan of his but disagree with most ratings on here and thought his first touch was terrible. Didn't hold the ball up well at all last night but ran the lines all night

Subs
    Robert's 6 - Great effort that hit the bar but apart from that didn't offer anything new
    Looks off the pace to me

Mitchell 6 - Made some good runs and takes up good positions, should have scored late on

Ref -2 - Shocking

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Just the express version tonight:

Patterson 7
    Brindley 7
    Rawlinson 7
    Cameron 8
    DKE 6
    JOB 7
    Palmer 9*
    Vincent 6
    Taylor 7
    Rodrigues 6
    Wootton 7

Roberts 6.5
    Mitchell 5
    A bit more detail:

Patterson 7 - a couple of good saves, distribution superb first half but went a bit awry in the second.
    Brindley 7 - some good forward runs out of defence.
    Rawlinson 7 - a good, solid performance.
    Cameron 8 - won most of his challenges, really good goal, led by example.
    DKE 6 - usual commitment, but let down by his crossing.
    JOB 7 - always involved, covered a lot of ground.
    Palmer 9* - Sheer quality. Always available for a pass and barely wasted a ball. Too good for this level.
    Vincent 6 - seemed to be trying a bit too hard, not many things worked.
    Taylor 7 - did well defensively and going forward, caused them a few problems.
    Rodrigues 6 - no real impact, a few decent runs but struggled to work a shooting position.
    Wootton 7 - held the ball up well, got others involved.

Roberts 6.5 - took a while to get going, unlucky not to score.
    Mitchell 5 - had a good chance to win it, but badly scuffed his shot and it ended up more of a pass back to their keeper.

The ref 4 - he seemed so determined not to be influenced by the crowd that the 50/50 decisions went 90/10 in their favour. It had to be a really blatant foul for him to give us a free kick.

Pretty much agree everyone else's thoughts. I know JOB had a few bad passes but I don't think they were all his fault, often he's operating on a different level, this is confirmed when the passes do come of because they always look world class.

Palmer was immense last night and hopefully it won't be long before he scores a goal to really put the icing on his performances.

Terrific captain's performance by Cameron, great signing.

Vinny and Rodders both off their game a bit last night but did both improve second half.

No idea what the ref had been smoking but that has to be amongst the worst reffing performance seen at the Lane for some time, and that's saying saying something!

Can’t disagree too much with the general consensus though

Ruben - was far better than what people have given him credit for IMO. Some beautiful touches and turns and set up so many of our attacks. I thought it was actually a bad idea to take him off as he was our main attacking outlet - 8

Taylor - gave him some stick when he first signed, but his performances are getting better and better now. IB knows how to improve a player - 8

Cameron - also gave him some stick when he first came but he was superb last night. So good on the ball and improving defensively every game - 8

Palmer - Now my favourite player….our best player IMO. Sooo intelligent, lost count of the number of times he was just in the right position to steal a ball or mop…or even start attacks. Quality player now plying in the correct position - 8

Wootton - I like him, I like his attitude and his work-rate but I’m having doubts now. I’m just never confident in his finishing and his touch is deserting hi at the minute…I’d love to be proved wrong but perhaps it’s time to bench him and see what Mitchell can really do….though his ‘finish’ last night was pretty poor too - 6

Fully agree with the point about Burchnall improving players. I still think he has some things to prove tactically and around whether our style of football can get promotion, but in terms of individuals he’s doing a great job.

Last season he improved Chicksen, Rodrigues and Miller beyond all recognition when he came in, and found a new position for Brindley where he’s been excellent. We’re seeing signs of similar happening with Vincent, Cameron and Taylor after slow starts to their seasons, and I wouldn’t be writing off Nemane, Francis, Mitchell and Knight for this exact reason. Sam might be a step too far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast