+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Burchball that much better than Ardley?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    If he is, I don't see it. Neal Ardley has steered Moors to a better position than Notts - 3 places higher in the table and one more won (or one less loss) to his credit.
    Comparing the fixture lists for the opening dozen games, the two clubs come out just about equal.
    I can't wait for the first clash between Notts and Moors. I bet Ardley can't either. Whereas Burchnall will in all likelihood be dreading it. Don't get me wrong - I'm all for a Notts win and I hope that our manager switch looks to have been the right move by end of season, but right now Ardley and Moors have the distinct edge.
    Nip on to the solihull fans forum and see what they think of him, you would think they would be singing his praise from the highest steeple, but as it happens they're not..They complain about his boring football and how they are getting away with winning games where they are made to look second best,the lack of chances they create etc Ford any of this sound familiar. Ardley is the bore master and the curator of mediocrity!

It's much better, IB is actually modern and a positive manager. NA was painful to watch whereas now we play some good stuff, we just don't take our chances.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Nip on to the solihull fans forum and see what they think of him, you would think they would be singing his praise from the highest steeple, but as it happens they're not..They complain about his boring football and how they are getting away with winning games where they are made to look second best,the lack of chances they create etc Ford any of this sound familiar. Ardley is the bore master and the curator of mediocrity!
    This^^^

Granted, results are as yet similar, but under Ardley there were occasions when we were lucky to win games. Under Burch there have been just as many occasions if not more when we were unlucky not too. We can all see the potential for improvement in results rather than performances under Burchy, not sure you could say the same about Ardley.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Who have Solihull played?
    They've played a fair spread of the current table.
    Splitting the table into Promotion places, mid table and bottom third, the comparison looks like this

Solihull
    Against current top 7: they've taken 6 pts from 3 games
    Against 8th-15th: 7 pts from 3 games
    Against 16th-23rd: 11 pts from 7 games

Notts
    Against current top 7: we've taken 1 point from 2 games
    Against 8th-15th: 8 pts from 6 games
    Against 16th-23rd: 13 pts from 5 games

Yes..!
    Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    The answer is a simple yes.
    Probably something of a collectors item, but a yes from me as well!

I had no real faith in Ardley getting the best from his squad and I'm still not sure on Burchnall, but he does gives me some hope. When Burchball (was that also a typo?) clicks, it is far more watchable than Ardleyball. We take a few risks instead of taking the safety first option most of the time. I don't think we look like a promotion team, but with a couple of tweaks in personnel and playing style we might just be. I've said on many occasions that I'm not sure the path the owners and head coach are going down is the right one to get us out of this division, but it's more enjoyable than what I watched under Ardley.

Funny how people see things, I have to say watching Burchnall’s efforts is the only time I’ve thought about not going to games (and I have a season ticket) , it’s depressing at best, and as I’ve said before it’s like watching pass the parcel with a hand grenade (pin pulled out) when played at the back.

I think people are very selective and unfair when commenting about NA (if they ever did see a game in person) there were a lot of good performances and I’m fairly confident if we hadn’t made the change when we did we would have finished better.

If he is, I don't see it. Neal Ardley has steered Moors to a better position than Notts - 3 places higher in the table and one more won (or one less loss) to his credit.
    Comparing the fixture lists for the opening dozen games, the two clubs come out just about equal.
    I can't wait for the first clash between Notts and Moors. I bet Ardley can't either. Whereas Burchnall will in all likelihood be dreading it. Don't get me wrong - I'm all for a Notts win and I hope that our manager switch looks to have been the right move by end of season, but right now Ardley and Moors have the distinct edge.
    Why do you think Burchnall will be dreading it? I don’t get any negativity from him, quite the opposite.

I can’t believe this is even a conversation. IB is miles ahead as a coach. Anyone with an ounce of footballing knowledge can see that a number of players have improved beyond recognition since IB started. Rodders is the obvious example. We need to remember he has had 6 months or so with Notts. We are better to watch, that’s for sure.

Comparing IB with NA (I liked him) is like comparing an apple with a pear.

Very interesting. Looking back at last season, during Ardley’s tenure, we had more points than our performances warranted. I was quite supportive of Ardley.

Yes he is!!

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast