+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Burchball that much better than Ardley?

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    To answer the question I’d say no. Football is a results game and our results are no better, possibly worse.
    However if I had the choice right now of having IB or NA in charge, it’s IB.
    The games are more entertaining, on average.
    The comments about use getting lucky wins under NA and IB has been unlucky with injuries is garbage. NA had to assemble a squad after the season started and then had that season cut short when we were on a great run of form and bearing down on the top team. How’s that for unlucky? Then we lost our best player for the whole season and Wes Thomas decides to leave.
    NA didn’t get lucky wins, he kept us tight at the back which always gives you a chance, even when you’re playing cr@p.
    Like I say, I’d take IB over NA as the football is better, and I believe he’s got the makings of a great coach.
    The rest is splitting hairs!
    My comments re Ardley were based on last season. The first season in the NL, he did a good job. Particularly considering we didn’t have a squad/team the week before the season started.

But last season, in the main, we were poor. I stick by original comment that we had more points than our performances merited. I struggle to recall games where we played well and deserved the win.

In terms of results the jury is still out, we won’t know until the end of the season. But, in terms of the football being played, we agree. So far Burchball is far more entertaining/better.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    They are settling for us being a national league team, with quotes like..

Happy with draws - oh so positive, when its the 3 points that mattered, i do not give a rats arce how well they played, they did not win
    Injuries, if we had the players, we would have won the 3 games we lost, possible but not proven
    We can not just expect to be top of this league , that is our aim, anything less is lowering the bar
    IB is so much better than Ardley, so far not proved, he is actually worse at this moment in time
    No matter how much you stamp your feet and spit the dummy with an attitude of "we're Notts County, we should be top" the facts are we're a NL Club with a fighters chance of getting promotion but by no means favourites.

I applaud the owners for running the Club in a structured and measured way. Throwing cash around is what's got in the NL in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Exactly the same here QP.

I actually stopped buying the streams under NA because of this.

Last year's run in under IB helped me rediscover the joy of watching Notts. He's not perfect but I think he's on the right track and much prefer him to NA.

Legs also makes an important point about the differences in budget.
    Couldn't agree more, watching Notts under NA last season was torture. Win or lose under IB, we usually have a go and try to attack

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    But last season, in the main, we were poor. I stick by original comment that we had more points than our performances merited. I struggle to recall games where we played well and deserved the win.
    This is they key thing. Although points wise we are currently performing on a level with the teams under NA we can all see that the football is much better and that we should probably have had more points than we do. We are creating enough chances now to win games comfortably, we just need to start taking them. There is a team of people behind the scenes that are helping IB to develop both the style of play and the players so we will continue to improve.

If anyone hasn't seen it yet please check out the last pod myself and Colin Sisson did that features Notts' first team performance analyst Joao Alves. It really does provide a small insight into what is happening behind the scenes right now.

I am amazed that although plenty of people have viewed that podcast, there have been only four comments. It indicates perfectly what is going on behind the scenes at Notts, all good I must say, and surely gives the doubters reassurance that the club are well set to not only get out of this division, but push on higher, without having to restructure. In answer to the thread title, it's a yes from me, and that comes from someone whi had a lot of time for NA.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    This is they key thing. Although points wise we are currently performing on a level with the teams under NA we can all see that the football is much better and that we should probably have had more points than we do. We are creating enough chances now to win games comfortably, we just need to start taking them. There is a team of people behind the scenes that are helping IB to develop both the style of play and the players so we will continue to improve.

If anyone hasn't seen it yet please check out the last pod myself and Colin Sisson did that features Notts' first team performance analyst Joao Alves. It really does provide a small insight into what is happening behind the scenes right now.

Thanks for posting again. I finally got chance to listen without interruption. Good listen and confirms my opinion/thoughts on Notts current set up. Very encouraging.

Back to original question.

Football is better under IB, whether it will be more successful, well I think the jury is out. If we don't make the play-off final then it isn't as successful.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Back to original question.

Football is better under IB, whether it will be more successful, well I think the jury is out. If we don't make the play-off final then it isn't as successful.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    If we don't make the play-off final then it isn't as successful.
    You right, based solely on football results. IB acknowledged in a preseason interview that, ultimately, promotion will determine if the season has been a success. There are other facets to the club that could be deemed successful.

As it stands, I believe, IB’s brand of football as a greater chance of achieving promotion than Ardleys.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post

That was interesting, thanks.

I saw the xg stats from the Bromley game, they confirm the impression you get from watching us, that opponents are having to work much less hard than us to make better chances.

We also seem to be doing well with the ‘big’ picture, signing the right players,,improving them etc. But on the details of a game, we still have a little bloke(job) marking a very big bloke and losing the crucial back post header which lead to the equaliser the other night. The answer to that is either get our big blokes to mark their big blokes or to sign more big blokes who aren’t Eli Sam. This maybe explains why we aren’t keeping nearly enough clean sheets.

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast