+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Burchball that much better than Ardley?

Is Burchball that much better than Ardley?

If he is, I don't see it. Neal Ardley has steered Moors to a better position than Notts - 3 places higher in the table and one more won (or one less loss) to his credit.
    Comparing the fixture lists for the opening dozen games, the two clubs come out just about equal.
    I can't wait for the first clash between Notts and Moors. I bet Ardley can't either. Whereas Burchnall will in all likelihood be dreading it. Don't get me wrong - I'm all for a Notts win and I hope that our manager switch looks to have been the right move by end of season, but right now Ardley and Moors have the distinct edge.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    If he is, I don't see it. Neal Ardley has steered Moors to a better position than Notts - 3 places higher in the table and one more win (or one less loss) to his credit.
    Comparing the fixture lists for the opening dozen games, the two clubs come out just about equal.
    I can't wait for the first clash between Notts and Moors. I bet Ardley can't either. Whereas Burchnall will in all likelihood be dreading it. Don't get me wrong - I'm all for a Notts win and I hope that our manager switch looks to have been the right move by end of season, but right now Ardley and Moors have the distinct edge.
    Okay - won should be win. Typo with my stroke hand!

If he is, I don't see it. Neal Ardley has steered Moors to a better position than Notts - 3 places higher in the table and one more won (or one less loss) to his credit.
    You forget just how little we made keepers work under Ardley. It was painful. Painfully slow and toothless. Yes the football under Burch has been better, still frustrating at times, but moving in the right direction.

I watched Solihull on BT last night and they really aren't all that.

Who have Solihull played? Also have they had all three centre backs out injured as well as their keeper? Amazingly when they mostly returned, we returned to form

Okay - won should be win. Typo with my stroke hand!
    I couldn't watch another game or listen to another interview under NA.

Whether IB ends up more successful than NA in terms of results is still to be seen but in terms of the football their teams play and their understanding of modern football, they are light years apart.

Depends how you look at it.

On results at Notts in this league, there’s not anything between them really. I think Ardley is a solid manager at this level and will get Solihull into the play-offs, as he would’ve kept doing here. I think Burchnall is a talented coach who has done pretty well coming into a league he didn’t know and recovering from a very difficult start.

The reason we made the change, and why we are probably better off (and our owners will see us as much better off) can be seen by looking at Rodrigues. Ardley couldn’t work out how to get anything out of him and he was rarely in the team. Under Burchnall he looks a guaranteed big money sale in the next few months.

I don’t think we necessarily look any closer to being title contenders (or any further away from it) under IB than we did under NA. But it’s clear that the owners’ vision involves us playing an attractive style of football with a mostly young squad being developed with an eye to selling them for a profit. That part of it looks a mile better under IB, and NA’s mistrust of youth and flair players meant he was never going to be a long term bet under these owners.

Yes..!

The answer is a simple yes.

Confident we will finish higher than Solihull but not surprised that Moors have had an impressive start to the season to date.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Depends how you look at it.

On results at Notts in this league, there’s not anything between them really. I think Ardley is a solid manager at this level and will get Solihull into the play-offs, as he would’ve kept doing here. I think Burchnall is a talented coach who has done pretty well coming into a league he didn’t know and recovering from a very difficult start.

The reason we made the change, and why we are probably better off (and our owners will see us as much better off) can be seen by looking at Rodrigues. Ardley couldn’t work out how to get anything out of him and he was rarely in the team. Under Burchnall he looks a guaranteed big money sale in the next few months.

I don’t think we necessarily look any closer to being title contenders (or any further away from it) under IB than we did under NA. But it’s clear that the owners’ vision involves us playing an attractive style of football with a mostly young squad being developed with an eye to selling them for a profit. That part of it looks a mile better under IB, and NA’s mistrust of youth and flair players meant he was never going to be a long term bet under these owners.
    Basically what he just said

I think we are a lot more entertaining now under IB. When you go to a match, you are not guaranteed a win, but you will almost certainly see a decent game of football, with plenty of real attacking intent from Notts.

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast