+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The sale of Brockhall

The sale of Brockhall

The writing is on the wall as the training ground is sold to venkys London.
    The Coventry 3 will be behind this and eventually it will be sold off.
    Yes it staves off financial fair play but what happens when the season after arrives.
    I moan and groan about us stagnating on the pitch but the true worries are off of it.
    We are sinking fast and when the Coventry 3 ride off in the sunset,we will be left with a shell of a club.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Yes it staves off financial fair play but what happens when the season after arrives.
    I moan and groan about us stagnating on the pitch but the true worries are off of it.
    We are sinking fast and when the Coventry 3 ride off in the sunset,we will be left with a shell of a club.
    the real question is, if Venky's hadnt have bought it, who would?

who are the Coventry 3?

Mowbray,waggott and Venus.
    All 3 were instrumental in the start of coventry's downfall and of course sisu as well.
    We needed the money of course but it's what happens next,that concerns me.

Mowbray,waggott and Venus.
    All 3 were instrumental in the start of coventry's downfall and of course sisu as well.
    We needed the money of course but it's what happens next,that concerns me.
    Ah they are the same 3 that saved Blackburn Rovers. They were in a massive mess when they walked in the club. We where going down. We where in huge debt. FFP was crushing us. We were not too far from closing. Then TM came in and while he couldnt stop relegation he did steady the ship and get us promoted straight back. Sunderland are still down there. And Wigan.

Pity all their good work was so quickly forgotten. Wed likely be out of business

Yes they did save us but alarm bells rang when they tried to sell Brockhall originally.
    They did the exact same thing at Coventry and with venkys selling it off to their London company,I wouldn't be surprised to see them go through with their original plan.
    Yes on the surface it was to keep us on the right side of financial fair play but I just cannot help thinking there is a more sinister plan in the offing.
    I really hope I am wrong on this.

Yes they did save us but alarm bells rang when they tried to sell Brockhall originally.
    They did the exact same thing at Coventry and with venkys selling it off to their London company,I wouldn't be surprised to see them go through with their original plan.
    Yes on the surface it was to keep us on the right side of financial fair play but I just cannot help thinking there is a more sinister plan in the offing.
    I really hope I am wrong on this.
    sinister? Why would that suddenly do that after all these years?

Cov Citys issues related to their ground ownership. Which was going on well before Mowbray was manager, and is still going on now. This season they are back in Coventry. Which is probably why they doing better on the pitch.

Not sure I would blame Mowbray for all of that? It seemed their owners have been the issue there for decades.

Back to how badly run this football club was from the inside out. When Mowbray turned up, we where nailed on relegation. We where 2nd from bottom. The whole club was in turmoil. From top to bottom. Financially, we where in huge trouble.
    The club he walked into, is not the same one that is doing much better now. Both on and off the pitch. He didnt walk into a stable Mid-table Champ club, so to just step round that is unfair.
    Its very easy to just simply say, they did well, anyway, quickly move on.
    Don't forget that. Go back to it. Do not over-look it. It has been way too quickly forgotten.
    He turned the whole club around. We could be down in Div1 or lower here. The fact we aren't is down to Mowbray.
    Not sure every decision is a sound one. But there are more good things than bad.

Clever accounting is exactly what is happening with Brockhall. We are thinking outside the box, and are getting pretty good at finding new and novel ways around a bent system, which means ALL clubs get in massive debt. Not just us.

We did not make the rules, we are simply trying to find a way round them, and have been pretty successful in doing so.
    This is one of the poorest area's of the country. Our season ticket sales fell. Our match day tickets have fallen. We have had no crowds coming in the club for 18 months. We had no income. We had out-goings in wages.

I am not seeing a queue of people offering to pay Bradley Dack his wages. I am not seeing one person offering to pay for the up-keep in Brockhall. I am not seeing a better manager out there who could do any better. I am seeing Venkys keeping us afloat and getting absolutely nothing in return. Not financial, not in anyone actions. They probably should have walked away 5 years ago and left us to rot in the non league.
    So I am greatful for what they have done. It keeps an old football club with over a century of history, still going. If it wasn't for them, that club would have died years ago.

Will be very interesting at the end of the season.
    Mowbray and Venus are both out of contract at the end of the season along with quite a few players.
    I am starting to think Mowbray and Venus will be offered a new deal regardless of our finishing position this season.

Will be very interesting at the end of the season.
    Mowbray and Venus are both out of contract at the end of the season along with quite a few players.
    I am starting to think Mowbray and Venus will be offered a new deal regardless of our finishing position this season.
    They are never going up with the current management, but they aren't going down.
    My feeling is, he will likely move on. He has spent the longest part of his career here.
    I fear they will end up with a Mick McCarthy, Hughton, Pearson type who fans will ask for, but will come in and actually give fans a real reason to be worried and moan for the first time since Owen Coyle was here.
    What happens if they get in and around the play offs this season?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)