+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many Notts games......

How many Notts games......

Have you been to in your lifetime?

Since my first game v tranmere in 1973 (4-1) I estimate I have seen 800 notts matches home and away.

I am sure many of you on here can at least double that 👍😁

Hard to know but probably around 600-700 at a guesstimate. By the way, your first match was also mine

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Hard to know but probably around 600-700 at a guesstimate. By the way, your first match was also mine
    That was my second game. My first was the 2-0 win against Plymouth, on 21st March 1973, I think.

I left Nottingham a few years later and have probably only seen about 60 matches.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie2 View Post
    That was my second game. My first was the 2-0 win against Plymouth, on 21st March 1973, I think.

I left Nottingham a few years later and have probably only seen about 60 matches.
    Ain't counting but 1952 was my first game.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Blimey that's some endurance!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Blimey that's some endurance!
    More lows than highs but it gets into your blood.

Probably a couple of hundred back in the day. Was a regular home and away in the 90's for a few years.

That's such a coincidence Swale. You weren't the young lad in the duffel coat and tartan flares sat next to me in the main stand??😁

I did work it out once and IIRC Rotherham home in the Munto season was my 450th, the vast majority at home. Would have loved to have gone away when I was still a kid in the early-mid 1980s but my dad was never up for it. Happily I did manage to get to grounds such as the Baseball Ground, Highfield Road, Millmoor etc. before they got knocked down.

Longest I went without missing a home league match (or FA Cup tie) was 11 years.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Do you remember the chairman back then, Charles Barnes? He'd held that position since July 1935. Len Machin took over in late 1956 and that seems to have signalled a swift decline. One of the directors, Fred Williamson, was publicly demanding Machin step down in 1959 and Williamson eventually replaced him in March 1964 but he proved to be an even bigger disaster and only lasted two years before Hopcroft took over.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast