+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Match Ratings

Match Ratings

First away game since the last time we played... Grimsby. Although we weren't great today, we were definitely better than our last visit.

Patterson 6.5 - Truth be told, he didn't have a save to make, but handled well. Frightening with the ball at his feet, but seems to know what he's doing.

Brindley 7 - Looked solid all game and never let his opposite get the better of him.

Rawlinson 7 - Same as Brindley.

Cameron 7 - Same as Brindley.

Taylor 6 - Quiet first half, improved as it went on. Didn't play badly, just an average game.

Kelly-Evans 5.5 - Subbed at half time which I think was right. Quite a few misplaced passes when not pressured and didn't offer much going forward.

O'Brien 5 - Seemed to struggle with Grimsby playing in black and white stripes as he gave the ball to them too often. Can never fault his effort, but another average/poor performance and rightly subbed at HT.

Vincent 5.5 - A fairly anonymous game and not involved enough. Needs work on his touch as he looks like he's borrowed Jon Stead's boots for the last two games. He's shown what he can do, needs to do it consistently.

Palmer 7 - Mr. Steady and dependable. He's twice the player Jake Reeves is.

Wootton 6 - Worked hard, as always. Didn't get any service though and frustrates me how when he holds the ball up we'll, he undoes his hard work by taking unnecessary extra touches and losing the ball.

Rodrigues 7 - Not much came off for him, but he looked the most likely to produce. Worked hard.

Subs
    Nemane 7 - Immediate impact, giving them something to think about and was unlucky with a couple of good, positive runs.

Roberts 6.5 - Had a couple of good runs and our only other shot on target. Didn't get loads of the ball.

Francis 6 - Not on that long and not overly involved.

Burchnall 7 - Credit for two positive subs at HT and making the switch to 442 2nd half which made the game more even.

Final note, when was the last time you saw a game where there were two foul throws given??? Can't remember the last time I saw one!

Good ratings. Mine pretty similar.

Patterson 7 - very assured with the ball at his feet, you can have confidence in him
    Kelly-Evans 5 - poor first-half performance. IB needs to play less of 3-5-2. We don't have a consistent right wing-back
    Brindley 8 - rock solid, my MoM
    Rawlinson 6 - still not on the very top of his game
    Cameron 8 - latest in a consistent line of masterful performances
    Taylor 7 - had a good 2nd half, didn't let them boss him and contributed going forward
    Palmer 7 - was freed up when Francis came up and this allowed him his best moment of the match, setting up the winner
    O'Brien 4 - really bad, must stop blaming others for his own mistakes
    Vincent 6 - buzzing around and was involved, but not many effective moments
    Rodrigues 7 - listen to the Hurst interview, they targeted him because they feared him. They kept him quiet but he broke free at the end
    Wootton 6 - typical hard-working performance

Subs
    Roberts 6 - did want IB wanted of him and the change tipped the balance of the game
    Nemane 6 - certainly gave their defenders something to think about - a threat
    Francis 6 - some nice touches in his few minutes

IB 8 - Team selection can be understood after Stockport/Bromley. Spot on with what he needed to do at HT