+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How many Notts games......

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Uysapie beat me by 3 years, as my first game was at home to Fulham, September 1955. We lost 3-4 and the great Johnny Haynes scored a hat-trick. That was a mid-week game and my second game the following Saturday we lost at home to Swansea 1-5, with Ivor Allchurch scoring a hat-trick. I’ve missed few home games since then apart from the last couple of years due to Covid.

When I got my first car, I started going to away games regularly. From Jimmy Sirrel’s 1970/71 promotion season onwards I didn’t miss a game, home or away, for years, including two away games by plane, which I think were organised by the supporters’ club.

My away trips have dropped off this century but there’s still been some great memories, like the away wins in the FA Cup at Wigan and Sunderland.

I’ve got no idea how many matches I’ve seen. But if you say half those seasons, including various Cup games and friendlies must have averaged at least 50 games a season, and the other half, when I only attended a handful of away games each season, averaged 25 games a season, then I must have seen something in the region of 2,000 games.
    Last edited by 60YearsAPie; 28-10-2021 at 10:52 AM.