+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T Bridge over the Don

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    The Bailey Bridge design is going over to Forge Island Grist as a nod to Sir Donald.
    So another one could be a bridge too far?

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Could be a film. Just need some Japanese POW's to build it.
    Lets use the fans of our opponents. Given our form we can let them call it the Bridge Over The River Cry..

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbro_Miller View Post
    On the face of it, you're probably correct.

However, when the NYC was built we were deep in a recession (caused by the 2009/10 bank failures, etc) and building costs were 'rock bottom'.
    We now have a booming construction industry and costs are rising due to shortage of materials, labour, etc.
    This is blamed on the effects of Brexit, the pandemic, a boat blocking the Suez Canal (causing a massive back log of container ships), China holding back supplies & lifting container charges from £3k to £20k per unit, gas & oil price increases, etc, etc.
    In our industry, materials have increased 2 & 3 times already this year and its been between 10% to 25% at a time, not the usual small increases.
    You can't expect us Subcontractors and Principle Contractors to absorb these costs. It is therefore inevitable that these costs are passed on to the clients.

Brentford's new ground cost £70m for 17,000 seats. I think that we got lucky to get our ground built at £21m for 12,000 seats.
    It would probably cost double that if you tried to build it now.
    I'll bet when tendered out, the price comes down.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    It is among other things the Sump of south yorkshire
    I understand Doncaster has just put in a bid for city status

I was born in a city with a population of 3,500

Quote Originally Posted by South Coast Miller View Post
    I understand Doncaster has just put in a bid for city status
    Doncaster are always after City status last time they lost to Preston i think ..

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    I was born in a city with a population of 3,500
    Southwark?

St Asaph

There's a 'city' close by us here with a population of 6 and 1 of those is the mayor. The 'city' actually has a Costco within it's boundary so can boast some 10,000+ visitors every week

Myself and Frog will start on the footings before the Sunderland game, I think this will impress the council enough to give us the job

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast