+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No idea

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I saw it live last night army and I've just watched it again a couple of times. When that cross came in we had six men in the box, Cork and Brownhill were not standing idly by, they were back there, problem for me was our centre-backs, Mee had got himself in no-man's land, while Collins seemed intent on marking thin air. When a striker scores with a free header, I'm asking questions of the CBs, not the midfield. It's no wonder Collins put his head in his hands as the ball hit the back of the net.
    I know they’re jogging back Sinkov but they’re no where near marking any of the three Spurs players , after the Lord Mayors show , Brownhill passes cork trying to get there , I witnessed it a lot yesterday JBG guilty of it as well just letting runners go while we saunter back ,
    The delivery was a good one and we could debate all day , but I see it a lot lately our midfield is like parting the Red Sea , often they have 3 centrally and our two cope for a while but either run out of steam or simply can’t get to players.

I know we have some not good enough but Dyche needs to find a way of playing where we can get people to support Wood who I sympathise with wholeheartedly as his service is dire , he doesn’t know if the balls getting delivered or not when we stop at their third and go backwards all the time

I’m not sure about Wood, army. I sometimes think that he has reached the limit of his technical abilities. Is it poor service or is it that he can’t trap a bag of cement?

Vydra is a total misfit. Not his fault. He would be brilliant with someone like Defour who could play to feet and play to his strengths. Pope booting the ball for him to then compete with 6’5” centre backs is ludicrous and gives him no chance. We have nobody who can be a “Defour”.

My only hope now is that Cornet stays fit and scores regularly and that, somehow, he can drag players like McNeil along with him to keep us in with a chance.

As a core group, I would keep Hennessy (better than Pope now), Roberts, Collins, Taylor, Cornet, McNeil, Brownhill, Tarkowski and Vydra. Possibly Wood with the above caveat.

The rest should be sold as they are Champioship (at best) quality. Their PL “experience” as SD calls it, is worth nothing if we are losing every match. Look at Sam Vokes - now at Wycombe. A contemporary of half our squad!

We have what we have and shortly we will not have Cornet because he will be off to Africa for the Nations Cup which starts on 8 January and continues until 6 February 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    We have what we have and shortly we will not have Cornet because he will be off to Africa for the Nations Cup which starts on 8 January and continues until 6 February 2022.
    Doesn't matter Ashy as we will be down by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    I’m not sure about Wood, army. I sometimes think that he has reached the limit of his technical abilities. Is it poor service or is it that he can’t trap a bag of cement?

Vydra is a total misfit. Not his fault. He would be brilliant with someone like Defour who could play to feet and play to his strengths. Pope booting the ball for him to then compete with 6’5” centre backs is ludicrous and gives him no chance. We have nobody who can be a “Defour”.

My only hope now is that Cornet stays fit and scores regularly and that, somehow, he can drag players like McNeil along with him to keep us in with a chance.

As a core group, I would keep Hennessy (better than Pope now), Roberts, Collins, Taylor, Cornet, McNeil, Brownhill, Tarkowski and Vydra. Possibly Wood with the above caveat.

The rest should be sold as they are Champioship (at best) quality. Their PL “experience” as SD calls it, is worth nothing if we are losing every match. Look at Sam Vokes - now at Wycombe. A contemporary of half our squad!
    The thing about wood Swiss is he’s a traditional old school forward , he’s also a confidence player he’ll get one and will become almost unplayable ( for us that is ) for a few games.

Wood needs ball delivered into the box from wide and at pace and he’ll get goals or cause enough havoc for someone to get them - we never deliver the ball like that for him it’s always from deeper positions by the full back where the opposition centre backs can watch it all the way onto their heads.

Comes back to Dyche again for me and I don’t think he has the answer - we all laughed at Ollie at Utd last week but our manager is in the same predicament imo anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    How many extra wins, extra points, do you reckon thinking outside the box and abandoning 4-4-2 will get us ? What if Sean has already thunk outside the box, trialled different systems down Gawthorpe, not liked what he's seen and thunk, 'feck that for a game of soldiers, I think we'll stick with 4-4-2'.

As St Margaret was fond of saying, ' Better keep a hold of nurse, for fear of finding something worse', and as you and me both know mon ami, she was usually right, as is Sean.
    It is beyond doubt that we were under funded, but I have to agree with Garlick on two points if the reported information was correct.
    a) Refusing to make Hendrick the clubs top earning player.
    b) Refusing to extend Lennon's contract.

There is one link between Thatcher and Dyche, both are (or were) too stubborn to admit when they have things wrong and continue carry on regardless.

We have at time played some good football, but we inevitably we fall back to Dyche ball. Based purely on results and not so called fine margin when do we say enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Norder : Did you have enough time to fix it? It seems it took you a long time, in fact more that 100 mins? Even then it is not sure that you fixed it ? A little tricky these things as time only moves forwards. I hope you did not try to take time backwards, in order to test it? Then you can not take it forwards ,as that moment does not exist yet, but it will come. ''Playing around with time means playing around with God ! Oh vey''!
    Sand is much, and mostly "Unmoving" - Balam...just had to slow it down without narrowing the neck, not playing in it, top to bottom and flip it over etc - as that just another degree tied to the repeating same.... .

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Are the sands of time running out for Burnley Norder?

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I know they’re jogging back Sinkov but they’re no where near marking any of the three Spurs players , after the Lord Mayors show , Brownhill passes cork trying to get there , I witnessed it a lot yesterday JBG guilty of it as well just letting runners go while we saunter back ,
    The delivery was a good one and we could debate all day , but I see it a lot lately our midfield is like parting the Red Sea , often they have 3 centrally and our two cope for a while but either run out of steam or simply can’t get to players.

I know we have some not good enough but Dyche needs to find a way of playing where we can get people to support Wood who I sympathise with wholeheartedly as his service is dire , he doesn’t know if the balls getting delivered or not when we stop at their third and go backwards all the time
    In mitigation army, I would say that Moura is one of the quickest players in the PL over 10 yards, when he makes a run into the box, not many will be able to go with him, and certainly not our journeymen midfielders.

These are teams that have been assembled for hundreds of millions.We have not invested in 3 seasons.What did anybody expect.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)