+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IB the story so far ......

Cool IB the story so far ......

So it all began on March 25th 2021 where IB was appointed head coach and took over an underperforming , faltering team with an insipid negative style of play that had been driven into and forced upon them. He took over a team coated with expectations of mediocrity where the point was to be adored and worshipped like a deity.
    several games later IB had sounded out his squad and got a team to play attacking winning football which ultimately took them to the play offs. As we all know fete can be cruel as can be match officials and an unfortunate defeat left us yet again in one of the lower basements of the Football world full of want to to be, never will be and has beens.
    The season ends in disappointment and the squad is partially dismantled with some star players leaving the club for more money elsewhere and some players leaving to play football in the football league proper. IB is tasked with rebuilding a team and squad with what most would reasonably and sensibly believe is a reduced budget. A squad is assembled and a team is developed with a football identity that is far more attacking minded than what had gone before under the former incumbent. The season begins in spectacular style with a large convincing away win and steadily progresses with wins and draws with a mixture of good,bad and ugly performances but still leave us unbeaten after 7 games and handily placed in the table. So far so good but then the footballing Gods play a cruel trick upon us and we lose the spine of our team. The goalkeeper, our captain and arguably our most formidable centre back signed to combat those pesky teams that show no desire to play football on the grass but choose to play Hoof Ball and bully defenders in their own box . Possibly an issue in its own right but then to rub salt into the wounds the natural replacement for this conundrum is also injured, limp forward Connell Rawlinson and then also the next natural replacement Alex Lacey also become a victim of the Football Gods and their tricks ! IB still cobbles together a competitive team that although dominating some games for 70 minutes and possibly more go on to lose their unbeaten start and lose 3 games on the bounce and calamity ensues. The final nail in the coffin is a one all home draw in a game we could have won if we had taken our chances.
    So where does this leave us ? as far as I'm concerned this season is still a learning curve for IB and I would expect him to get us into a play off spot, where we are again in the hands of fete and match officials and fortune be it good or bad. For me next season is the season of reckoning for IB. He will have had time to develop his squad and improve his desired style of play. My assessment of things is IB and the team are not far of being the finished article and maybe one or two shrewd signings might just complete the team he is trying to create that could be as this season progresses or hopefully next season.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    So it all began on March 25th 2021 where IB was appointed head coach and took over an underperforming , faltering team with an insipid negative style of play that had been driven into and forced upon them. He took over a team coated with expectations of mediocrity where the point was to be adored and worshipped like a deity.
    several games later IB had sounded out his squad and got a team to play attacking winning football which ultimately took them to the play offs. As we all know fete can be cruel as can be match officials and an unfortunate defeat left us yet again in one of the lower basements of the Football world full of want to to be, never will be and has beens.
    The season ends in disappointment and the squad is partially dismantled with some star players leaving the club for more money elsewhere and some players leaving to play football in the football league proper. IB is tasked with rebuilding a team and squad with what most would reasonably and sensibly believe is a reduced budget. A squad is assembled and a team is developed with a football identity that is far more attacking minded than what had gone before under the former incumbent. The season begins in spectacular style with a large convincing away win and steadily progresses with wins and draws with a mixture of good,bad and ugly performances but still leave us unbeaten after 7 games and handily placed in the table. So far so good but then the footballing Gods play a cruel trick upon us and we lose the spine of our team. The goalkeeper, our captain and arguably our most formidable centre back signed to combat those pesky teams that show no desire to play football on the grass but choose to play Hoof Ball and bully defenders in their own box . Possibly an issue in its own right but then to rub salt into the wounds the natural replacement for this conundrum is also injured, limp forward Connell Rawlinson and then also the next natural replacement Alex Lacey also become a victim of the Football Gods and their tricks ! IB still cobbles together a competitive team that although dominating some games for 70 minutes and possibly more go on to lose their unbeaten start and lose 3 games on the bounce and calamity ensues. The final nail in the coffin is a one all home draw in a game we could have won if we had taken our chances.
    So where does this leave us ? as far as I'm concerned this season is still a learning curve for IB and I would expect him to get us into a play off spot, where we are again in the hands of fete and match officials and fortune be it good or bad. For me next season is the season of reckoning for IB. He will have had time to develop his squad and improve his desired style of play. My assessment of things is IB and the team are not far of being the finished article and maybe one or two shrewd signings might just complete the team he is trying to create that could be as this season progresses or hopefully next season.
    "fete"?

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    "fete"?
    Congratulations Mr Trump , you have spotted the deliberate mistake and have won the star prize . All you need to do is supply us with your bank account details , full name and address,sort code etc. (for postage costs use only , honest !) and the mystery prize will be winging its way over the pond to you. Please allow 734 for delivery again Congratulations and Well Done.

[Hi Pedro, I've had a very quick go at amateur sub-editing that for you for readability, hope you don't mind!]

It all began on March 25th 2021 where IB was appointed head coach and took over an underperforming, faltering team with an insipid negative style of play that had been driven into and forced upon them. He took over a team coated with expectations of mediocrity where 'the point' was to be adored and worshipped like a deity.

Several games later IB had sounded out his squad and got a team to play attacking winning football which ultimately took them to the play offs. As we all know, fate can be cruel, as can be match officials and an unfortunate defeat left us yet again in one of the lower basements of the Football World full of want to bes, never will bes and has beens.

The season ends in disappointment and the squad is partially dismantled with some star players leaving the club for more money elsewhere and some players leaving to play football in the football league proper. IB is tasked with rebuilding a team and squad with what most would reasonably and sensibly believe is a reduced budget. A squad is assembled and a team is developed with a football identity that is far more attacking minded than what had gone before under the former incumbent.

The season begins in spectacular style with a large convincing away win and steadily progresses with wins and draws with a mixture of good, bad and ugly performances but still leave us unbeaten after 7 games and handily placed in the table. So far so good but then the Football Gods play a cruel trick upon us and we lose the spine of our team. The goalkeeper, our captain and arguably our most formidable centre back signed to combat those pesky teams that show no desire to play football on the grass but choose to play Hoof Ball and bully defenders in their own box . Possibly an issue in its own right but then to rub salt into the wounds the natural replacement for this conundrum is also injured, limp forward Connell Rawlinson and then the next natural replacement, Alex Lacey, also become a victim of the Football Gods and their tricks ! IB still cobbles together a competitive team that although dominating some games for 70 minutes and possibly more go on to lose their unbeaten start and lose 3 games on the bounce and calamity ensues. The final nail in the coffin is a one all home draw in a game we could have won if we had taken our chances.

So where does this leave us? As far as I'm concerned this season is still a learning curve for IB and I would expect him to get us into a play off spot, where we are again in the hands of fate (and match officials) and fortune be it good or bad. For me next season is the season of reckoning for IB. He will have had time to develop his squad and improve his desired style of play. My assessment of things is IB and the team are not far off being the finished article and maybe one or two shrewd signings might just complete the team he is trying to create. That could be as this season progresses or, if not, hopefully next season.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    [Hi Pedro, I've had a very quick go at amateur sub-editing that for you for readability, hope you don't mind!]

It all began on March 25th 2021 where IB was appointed head coach and took over an underperforming, faltering team with an insipid negative style of play that had been driven into and forced upon them. He took over a team coated with expectations of mediocrity where 'the point' was to be adored and worshipped like a deity.

Several games later IB had sounded out his squad and got a team to play attacking winning football which ultimately took them to the play offs. As we all know, fate can be cruel, as can be match officials and an unfortunate defeat left us yet again in one of the lower basements of the Football World full of want to bes, never will bes and has beens.

The season ends in disappointment and the squad is partially dismantled with some star players leaving the club for more money elsewhere and some players leaving to play football in the football league proper. IB is tasked with rebuilding a team and squad with what most would reasonably and sensibly believe is a reduced budget. A squad is assembled and a team is developed with a football identity that is far more attacking minded than what had gone before under the former incumbent.

The season begins in spectacular style with a large convincing away win and steadily progresses with wins and draws with a mixture of good, bad and ugly performances but still leave us unbeaten after 7 games and handily placed in the table. So far so good but then the Football Gods play a cruel trick upon us and we lose the spine of our team. The goalkeeper, our captain and arguably our most formidable centre back signed to combat those pesky teams that show no desire to play football on the grass but choose to play Hoof Ball and bully defenders in their own box . Possibly an issue in its own right but then to rub salt into the wounds the natural replacement for this conundrum is also injured, limp forward Connell Rawlinson and then the next natural replacement, Alex Lacey, also become a victim of the Football Gods and their tricks ! IB still cobbles together a competitive team that although dominating some games for 70 minutes and possibly more go on to lose their unbeaten start and lose 3 games on the bounce and calamity ensues. The final nail in the coffin is a one all home draw in a game we could have won if we had taken our chances.

So where does this leave us? As far as I'm concerned this season is still a learning curve for IB and I would expect him to get us into a play off spot, where we are again in the hands of fate (and match officials) and fortune be it good or bad. For me next season is the season of reckoning for IB. He will have had time to develop his squad and improve his desired style of play. My assessment of things is IB and the team are not far off being the finished article and maybe one or two shrewd signings might just complete the team he is trying to create. That could be as this season progresses or, if not, hopefully next season.
    Not a problem, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Congratulations Mr Trump , you have spotted the deliberate mistake and have won the star prize . All you need to do is supply us with your bank account details , full name and address,sort code etc. (for postage costs use only , honest !) and the mystery prize will be winging its way over the pond to you. Please allow 734 for delivery again Congratulations and Well Done.
    sarky git.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    sarky git.
    only Joking Uysapie , I must apologise for calling you Trump , a very low blow indeed !"

Cheers pedro good efforts. All this next season stuff is not for me. I would assume he was brought in by the board before Ardley was ( rightly) booted out to have a few games under his nose last season to assess the league / squad and so on, and have a good go this season. I still think we can be very serious contenders this season. Your post by saying that to me says you will forgive him if he fails to get us up this season. That may or may not be the case but everything and everyone needs to remain focused on this season!

Still think we need to sign a poacher. Doubt we have the money to. Doubt anyone decent is available anyway now. However at the start of the season you would have thought we could generate enough goals from Rodders Wootton and Roberts to do the job. Not entirely sure that is still the case.

Good post Pedro….a little bit biased in IB’s favour though?!

I feel IB has done really well so far, like you said it didn’t take him long before getting the team to play attacking and exciting football after a difficult start before losing a host of important players at the end of the season and having to perform a bit of a rebuild.

He has brought in some more exciting young talent and continued to improve the current players and we are starting to witness what this team is all about. I’m of the feeling at the minute that this season may be a little too soon for us to mount a serious challenge, but who knows? Jacob mentioned in an earlier post about us lacking that killer instinct, and I think he is right. The ingredients are all there now, they just need to believe they can do it now….an away win against the league leaders on Saturday may well just propel that mentality to the required level.

My big question is what will happen when Rodrigues leaves? He could well be the first product of the football radar system, where we sell on for a profit. Will the owners use that money to seriously strengthen in buying a proven ‘Luke Rodgers’ type to play alongside Wootton, or will it be another prospect? The magpie circle posdcast speculated we could get about 200k for him. Whilst losing him would be a blow it would at least give us some serious clout in getting a replacement…or even two.

It’s important we keep in touch with the top two, so when it all clicks we don’t have a serious mountain to climb. Fingers crossed 🤞

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Good post Pedro….a little bit biased in IB’s favour though?!

I feel IB has done really well so far, like you said it didn’t take him long before getting the team to play attacking and exciting football after a difficult start before losing a host of important players at the end of the season and having to perform a bit of a rebuild.

He has brought in some more exciting young talent and continued to improve the current players and we are starting to witness what this team is all about. I’m of the feeling at the minute that this season may be a little too soon for us to mount a serious challenge, but who knows? Jacob mentioned in an earlier post about us lacking that killer instinct, and I think he is right. The ingredients are all there now, they just need to believe they can do it now….an away win against the league leaders on Saturday may well just propel that mentality to the required level.

My big question is what will happen when Rodrigues leaves? He could well be the first product of the football radar system, where we sell on for a profit. Will the owners use that money to seriously strengthen in buying a proven ‘Luke Rodgers’ type to play alongside Wootton, or will it be another prospect? The magpie circle posdcast speculated we could get about 200k for him. Whilst losing him would be a blow it would at least give us some serious clout in getting a replacement…or even two.

It’s important we keep in touch with the top two, so when it all clicks we don’t have a serious mountain to climb. Fingers crossed ��
    oh for a Luke Rogers ! loved him to bits

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast