+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yellow Card Situation at Rotherham United

Yellow Card Situation at Rotherham United

Looking at the rules regarding yellow cards & a one match ban.

Players in the EFL's three divisions will receive a one match suspension, if they
    accumulate 5 yellow cards, prior to the conclusion of their teams 19th league match
    of the season.

The Millers have played 11 games in the league.

Some of the Millers players will have to watch their step -

Michael Smith is on 3 yellows

Joe Mattock showing 3 yellows on R.U.F.C. site, but sky sports showing 4 yellows

Hylton Harding showing 2 yellows on R.U.F.C. site, but sky sports showing 3 yellows.

Perhaps the Mattock & Harding extra one is in a cup game.

But Michael Smith will have to watch himself, with some important games coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Looking at the rules regarding yellow cards & a one match ban.

Players in the EFL's three divisions will receive a one match suspension, if they
    accumulate 5 yellow cards, prior to the conclusion of their teams 19th league match
    of the season.

The Millers have played 11 games in the league.

Some of the Millers players will have to watch their step -

Michael Smith is on 3 yellows

Joe Mattock showing 3 yellows on R.U.F.C. site, but sky sports showing 4 yellows

Hylton Harding showing 2 yellows on R.U.F.C. site, but sky sports showing 3 yellows.

Perhaps the Mattock & Harding extra one is in a cup game.

But Michael Smith will have to watch himself, with some important games coming up.
    Good to know. Smudge gets daft yellows for preventing the GK from distributing the ball quickly etc. Be wise Smudge, be wise.

And people us the "Good human beings" quote to beat Warne with when it suits their narrative when it is clearly an off the pitch quality he is talking at.

I guess Wes has started using his other name to try and get away with up to 10 yellows?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I guess Wes has started using his other name to try and get away with up to 10 yellows?
    Missed the Wesley off CAMiller, actually full name Wesley Nathan Hylton Harding.

Smudge - Michael John Smith - his father must have liked Magnet or Best Bitter. [Smith too rough for Smooth].

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Missed the Wesley off CAMiller, actually full name Wesley Nathan Hylton Harding.

Smudge - Michael John Smith - his father must have liked Magnet or Best Bitter. [Smith too rough for Smooth].
    Yes. I've noticed the BBC call him Wes on the team sheet but Hylton in the live text. Had me confused for a while

With important games coming up -

...... Team ....... .Date ............... Position in league
    Portsmouth ---- 16 October [H] ------ 12th ------

Wycombe ------ 19 October [H] ------ 2nd -------

MK Dons ------- 23 October [A] ------ 6th --------

Sunderland ---- 30 October [H] ------ 4th --------

With Michael Smith being on 3 yellows, if he gets the 2 bookings to give him a one match ban,
    which with how Smith plays he will get booked, in at least 2 of the games.
    I would rather have Smith getting a booking in the Portsmouth & Wycombe games, which
    would mean a one match ban, for the MK Dons away game.
    Then we would have Smith back to play in the home game against Sunderland.

Sure we don't want him to get any bookings, but his style of play will mean he would be
    on a knife edge, especially with the referee in Saturday's game against Portsmouth
    Anthony Backhouse, giving 44 yellow cards in 10 games up to now this season, but
    no red cards given.

Yellow card situation...

It's inevitable that Smith will get another yellow this season. That will take him to five and a one game ban.

The big question is, IF he stays card free against Sunderland, which I doubt, should he take one against Sunderland and miss the Charlton away game or, take one in the Charlton game and miss the Shrewsbury game?

After Sunderland, the Ipswich game is only four games away, which I think will be a real test against a much improved side since we last played them. This is where we will need Smith at his best.

Odds on the Sunderland players will have had their orders to block Smith out the game any way shape or form so, I have a feeling he will cop for a yellow and misses the Charlton away game.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    It's inevitable that Smith will get another yellow this season. That will take him to five and a one game ban.

The big question is, IF he stays card free against Sunderland, which I doubt, should he take one against Sunderland and miss the Charlton away game or, take one in the Charlton game and miss the Shrewsbury game?

After Sunderland, the Ipswich game is only four games away, which I think will be a real test against a much improved side since we last played them. This is where we will need Smith at his best.

Odds on the Sunderland players will have had their orders to block Smith out the game any way shape or form so, I have a feeling he will cop for a yellow and misses the Charlton away game.
    If he gets to 5 bookings in the first 19 games it will lead to a 1 match ban, otherwise it reverts to 10 bookings in the first 37 games leads to a 2 match ban.

Any player receiving 20 or more yellow cards in the league season will face a disciplinary panel.

The question has to be can Smithy do 5 games without picking up another booking?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

I did a post on 7th October Brin, regarding the yellow card situation, Smith had 3 yellows then, I've bumped the post.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast