+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Keppels Column

OT Keppels Column

So glad to see Rotherham so swimming in cash that the council can find half a mill to do up KC...
    So glad I live in Donny borough - where the council schemes to be a city whilst leaving us in Mexbro dicing with death under a collapsing flyover.
    Aren't our local authorities wonderful in the way they manage OUR scant resources?

Steve, the restoration money is a grant from Historic England, not the council tax payers of Rotherham. Would you rather that money go elsewhere in the country?

Why are Rotherham people so down on our town? If Wentworth and it's follies were down South there'd be no debate about public funds. But up here it's all so negative!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    Steve, the restoration money is a grant from Historic England, not the council tax payers of Rotherham. Would you rather that money go elsewhere in the country?

Why are Rotherham people so down on our town? If Wentworth and it's follies were down South there'd be no debate about public funds. But up here it's all so negative!
    Grumps you can be proud of Wentworth Woodhouse, Clifton Park and NYS and still hold the opinion that's Rotherham is a shytehole. Im not sure its negative its more of a fact

The useless 'journalists' of the BBC failed to mention that small fact. In this case I'm delighted - always wanted to go up KC.
    Still hate Donny though...

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Grumps you can be proud of Wentworth Woodhouse, Clifton Park and NYS and still hold the opinion that's Rotherham is a shytehole. Im not sure its negative its more of a fact
    Or you can tell someone often enough and for long enough that they're rubbish and useless. Eventually they'll think they are.

Tell me a large town that doesn't have dumps within its boundaries? More than any place I've ever known, the people of Rotherham are so down on their own town. And simply it's because they're constantly told that they are rubbish.

I don't think we are rubbish. We have a history to die for. And I'll tell anyone who's prepared to listen.

We're a Women's Euro 22 host venue for example. If that were in Barnsley or Donny they'd be spouting left, right and centre. We'll probably just decry women's football aa rubbish! 😒

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miller View Post
    The useless 'journalists' of the BBC failed to mention that small fact. In this case I'm delighted - always wanted to go up KC.
    Still hate Donny though...
    Lol, I'm with you mate.

Ps, Im a Kimmy lad from my younger days and I've ALWAYS wanted to go up KC. Cannot wait 👍

Or you can tell someone often enough and for long enough that they're rubbish and useless. Eventually they'll think they are.

Tell me a large town that doesn't have dumps within its boundaries? More than any place I've ever known, the people of Rotherham are so down on their own town. And simply it's because they're constantly told that they are rubbish.

I don't think we are rubbish. We have a history to die for. And I'll tell anyone who's prepared to listen.

We're a Women's Euro 22 host venue for example. If that were in Barnsley or Donny they'd be spouting left, right and centre. We'll probably just decry women's football aa rubbish! ��
    Many outlying areas are great, theres some great villages but the town centre IMO is a Shytehole

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Many outlying areas are great, theres some great villages but the town centre IMO is a Shytehole
    She's a grand old lady who needs the kiss of life GM. Look at what is there: The Minster (makes Sheffield Cathedral look like a shack). The square. The river, with its cascading weir meandering through the centre. The buildings on High St, especially the Three Cranes - a genuine (not mock) Tudor, timber framed merchants house. The Town Hall proudly displaying a Walker Cannon - as used on HMS Victory at Trafalgar. Probably the finest Victorian Park in the North of England - Clifton Park.

In my opinion mate, you're conflating the town with the lowlife who currently occupy it, and spoil it, and who stand out because the "normal" populous who avoid town these days and still magnify the issue.

I've said for ages now, forget retail. Think of, and market, Parkgate as Rotherham's retail quarter. The town centre must become residential (of a high spec), cultural and leisure. Then the old girl will rise again and the pond life will just fade into the background (as they do in every other large town/city).

When my Dad died in 2015, me and my Sister took a walk to retrace the many walks we'd been on as kids and to scatter his ashes. Starting in Birchwood and the Roman Banks in Monkwood where we were brought up and Dad lived until his death, we walked to the Rockingham Pottery ponds in Swinton, then down through Wath Wood and across Abdy to Hoober Stand, along Street Lane to the Needle's Eye, into Wentworth for a well earned refreshment and then on past Wentworth Woodhouse, Greasbrough Dams and back through Nether/Upper Haugh and home. It was a long walk on a cold winter's day but still some beautiful places. I'll see if I can find the link to the photos I posted on here (Just looked and seems posts > 5 years old are removed )
    Last edited by CAMiller; 28-10-2021 at 05:50 PM.

Since KC was built a housing estate has sprung up around it.

So problems with parking and the viewing platform gives a good view into some of the houses.

Glad I bought the monocular as Brin recommended 😆

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast