+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Things are bad when …….

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey Jules mate Im not this t*wat of a mod, who people might think me as lol.
    So decisions have got to be thought out and made here for the best of this board, and I can't ban people for NO reason!.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Acido …… I’ve said what I needed to say earlier in this thread.
    But just to clarify one or two things.

Let’s be honest - it’s not been saucy comments - it’s been outright vile abusive language.
    And it’s clearly not been just a little spat between two posters having a laugh.
    That is to say - it’s nothing to do with just Phil.

Phil is only jumping onto a bandwagon - caused by a line of poison that has been laid down by another.
    That poster has brought the poison over from the other message board - and then laid it down on this message board.

Because (I assume) this person is one of your buddies - you didn’t nip the abuse in the bud from the start - then posters such as Phil have escalated things by joined in and jumped onto the bandwagon.
    BTW - I was absolutely astonished you thought I was accusing Filey of starting this.
    That in itself shows you are not keeping abreast of events.
    Posters on here that have taken note will know exactly what’s happened.

As I’ve said - you will not get me throwing personal abuse about on this message board.
    If you want evidence of that then either you or the Football Mad hierarchy (if there is such a thing) can look back at the threads - and while doing that you will see the instigator of the abusive language, the person who started referring to events from the other message board.
    Why don’t you leave my name out of this? I had enough of you telling me I didn’t know the area I lived in and I should support Doncaster Rovers because I was born in Rossington.My old Dad was born in Lancashire but his family moved to Barnsley before the 1st world war.My Dad went to school in Barnsley and supported Barnsley then worked down Manvers main until he died at 61.He started taking me to Oakwell just after the 2nd world war,that is how I became a Barnsley supporter not because I was born in Rossington,not that it is any business of yours so stop bothering me.I have been a supporter of this great little club of ours for over 75 years so I know more about it than you will ever know.

I think Im maybe 'not keeping abreast of events' as you put it Nudger, because Im simply not in the slightest bit interested in what gets posted on Bbs, and Ive said that on here so many times now.

WHO is this person your talking about, why don't you name them instead of beating around the bush, or better still just drop it altogether maybe ?.

On the face of it the reply that took this thread off track was a fairly funny bit of humour. I like Daft thought it was quite funny, it didn’t sound spiteful to me but I don’t read all the other threads. I’m a bit sad to see Filey getting upset again , I have read a lot of that on earlier threads too. Sounds like a good guy. My advise Filey is to not let it get to you, you have nothing to prove to us, ignore what you perceive as inflammatory comments and rise above reacting and getting annoyed. This is a public forum and with that will come diverse and sometimes conflicting opinions and often tact and diplomacy is lacking. For all its problems, it’s also what makes the forum what it is and believe me an over active moderator will kill a board as quickly as some bad posters.

Hey up Duk, you know more about that than most people of course. Seeing as you were the only mod on here for a time.
    Hopefully this will die down now, and we can all get back to slagging off the owners and manager and the players and the old stand etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey up Duk, you know more about that than most people of course. Seeing as you were the only mod on here for a time.
    Hopefully this will die down now, and we can all get back to slagging off the owners and manager and the players and the old stand etc.
    Those Chris Morgan / Ian Hume days were “fun” and evoked strong feelings from both camps and involved some world class WUMS and trouble causers.

You still have your moments also but happily things are more civilised these days on the whole.

Was fun times.

But then we'd all meet up for a pint...or a few games of 5 a side .... you still play duk?

Do members often get banned form posting on here?

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post
    But then we'd all meet up for a pint...or a few games of 5 a side .... you still play duk?
    No mate. Gave that up years ago. Getting too old for keeping up with 20 year olds , even then.
    Not been to the mount either for quite a long time, remember you, Linz , eagle (not heard from him in ages).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast