+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: F*r*st Green Rovers....

F*r*st Green Rovers....

...... on Dutch RTL news programme this morning. It seems it's not just the shirts that are green. The mowers run on leccy generated through solar panels. All the food and drink they serve is vegan. One supporter said the food's OK but he does miss having proper milk in his tea. Their new stadium is going to be made of wood with a zero carbon footprint. Going 100% eco they are.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    ...... on Dutch RTL news programme this morning. It seems it's not just the shirts that are green. The mowers run on leccy generated through solar panels. All the food and drink they serve is vegan. One supporter said the food's OK but he does miss having proper milk in his tea. Their new stadium is going to be made of wood with a zero carbon footprint. Going 100% eco they are.
    Stadium made of wood? Good luck with that with H&S. Bradford is right up there with Hillsborough

They only have a few thousand capacity at their basically "village green" home in south gloucestershire. When I was a kid they played in the same league as my local village side - at what would now be about tier 15. The whole thing is something of a fairy story showing you can succeed from very humble origins. When I first heard they were going vegan a few years ago, I thought it was just a gimmick, but the whole club seem committed to "the new way". All power to them

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Stadium made of wood? Good luck with that with H&S. Bradford is right up there with Hillsborough
    Planning permission granted in December 2019. I presume, but don't know, that they will treat the wood with some kind of fire repellent/retardant.

https://www.fgr.co.uk/eco-park
    Last edited by MadAmster; 29-10-2021 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Wood isn't an issue provided its been treated and constructed in line with regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Planning permission granted in December 2019. I presume, but don't know, that they will treat the wood with some kind of fire repellent/retardant.

https://www.fgr.co.uk/eco-park

Now there's a surprise - v*tal is "word banned" as is t**N but retard(and) isnt

And there isn't even vit@l Derby forum

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)