+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Grimsby Town FC 30.10.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Did they get many clear cut chances or did we hold them off well Rainbowpie?
    They hit the bar in first half from distance, more a pot shot really
    Don't think they had a shot on target all game
    They created very little, few balls into the area caused a bit of panic but they didn't get a shot away on target at least
    They looked decent in possession to be fair but being the home team you'd expect them to create more chances
    Notts worked their keeper more than Patto was worked
    We didn't play well at all but i don't care if we're gonna snatch the points

I’ve not been or listened to the game today but this result is a very good one. Away from home against the league leaders and to score as well in the 90th minute also makes it that bit more special.

7 points from Stockport, Bromley and Grimsby is a good return. We seem to have found the form we had at the start of the season and against much stronger opposition. We are only three points short of the 2ppg required to be challenging for the title. We just need to keep chipping away at the five points lead that Boreham Wood have over us.

The recent results show we have absolutely nothing to fear from anyone at this level. It’s all about being able to do it week in and week out.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    How refreshing to listen to a losing manager carrying out a balanced, pragmatic interview. Fair play to him.

Are we now genuine contenders for the title?

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Get in, I’ll take a rubbish performance and win there any day of the week
    Absolutely. In fact I’d take a win and a poor performance anywhere every day of week at this level. All that matters is getting more points than the other twenty three teams in the league.

Ended up a good day all round.

They hit the bar and should've scored with a chance where the striker sliced it in the first half, we were lucky to go in 0-0 imo but I'd say we just about edged the second half without troubling their GK too much, we were getting into positions to trouble him and getting the final ball wrong a fair bit. They also had a chance or two at the far end that I could just about make out leaning around the post in front of me.

Jim O'Brien had a mare by the way, not sure he passed to a Notts player first half, the ones that didn't go to a Grimsby player just went in the stands, he might have played Francis back into the side to be honest.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast