+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cop26

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    I dunno how they decide who hosts these things. Trying to do something about global warming etc is a lot more constructive than doing nothing. We can't expect all the world leaders to cycle and walk here.

For what it's worth I don't think a huge deal will be agreed at this. Too many plates spinning. Like how would the rest of the world convince Poland to stop burning all the coal they have? The EU is already fining them 500K a day which they are refusing to pay.
    Well them
    flying there doesn’t seem to work. Maybe if they had to actually physically exert themselves in travelling to the. they’d have only had one of these. You just hope that by staying it in Glasgow they may decide they don’t want to do it next year.

I don’t really imagine the coal burning in Poland is really and issue given how much coal China burns in there 1000 plus power stations. Bit strange that no one seems to be interested in asking China to burn less guess money talks.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post

I don’t really imagine the coal burning in Poland is really and issue given how much coal China burns in there 1000 plus power stations. Bit strange that no one seems to be interested in asking China to burn less guess money talks.
    1000 plus power stations but Xi Jinping isn't flying to Glasgow he is attending via video link so that evens it out

1000 plus power stations but Xi Jinping isn't flying to Glasgow he is attending via video link so that evens it out
    I also believe he’s promised to be very interested in what others say.

It’s hard to blame China.

China makes EVERYTHING for EVERYONE else.

Better to apportion blame based on who orders the goods ( at the cheapest possible price) than on who makes it.

There now, if they agree to that it will have been all worth while.

Aye. They'll come here making promises to do stuff to sort climate change.
    Everything except regulating the unfettered global market.

I see that Lorna Slater (joint Green Party leader) has tested positive for Covid so will miss pretty much all COP26. Talk about bad timing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I see that Lorna Slater (joint Green Party leader) has tested positive for Covid so will miss pretty much all COP26. Talk about bad timing!!
    One of the big hitters of the conference out

One of the big hitters of the conference out
    Fear not, she can hop on skype with Xi Jinping.

Fear not, she can hop on skype with Xi Jinping.
    Glad I’m sure the confrence will be a roaring success with the confirmed attendance of the co leader of the Scottish greens.

Glad I’m sure the confrence will be a roaring success with the confirmed attendance of the co leader of the Scottish greens.
    It would have a much better chance of success if it was attended by people like her. Instead we get a fat jakey mess who doesn’t believe in climate change.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast