+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cop26

Cop26

1 day to go and so much to look forward to.

Politicians making weak promises, protesters gluing their private parts to Glasgow's roads and Greta Thunberg making middle aged men seethe with anger.

Should be good.

Although I sometimes think when we live in a world where blokes are taking drug filled needles with them on a night out to help them get a ride we are better off letting the planet burn.

I’m nae sure I really believe that.

I certainly don’t want to believe it.

Whatever happened to getting absolutely steaming, trying to chat to the girl but finding that you had lost the power of speech then going home alone apart from half a dozen hot rowies bought from round the back of the bakery.

Love is a bag of hot rowies.

More like flop26, these summits are always a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    More like flop26, these summits are always a waste of time.
    Take your positivity and shove it up you erse.

Wonder how all the attendees are getting there, probably flying whilst telling us all to reduce our emissions.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Take your positivity and shove it up you erse.
    The previous 25 summits acheived nothing, so why would this one be any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Wonder how all the attendees are getting there, probably flying whilst telling us all to reduce our emissions.
    I have heard the bigwig delegates are getting ferried around in E Jaguars.

The rumour is the chargers are being powered by diesel generators.

https://www.energylivenews.com/2021/...f-ev-chargers/

I get the logic but that's a pretty p*sh poor argument. For any kind of change to happen, these leaders need to get round the table.

For that to happen they need to be able to travel here.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    I get the logic but that's a pretty p*sh poor argument. For any kind of change to happen, these leaders need to get round the table.

For that to happen they need to be able to travel here.
    There currently having the g20 in Rome why don’t they do it there. As has been said the other meetings have achieved nothing so then sitting round the table doesn’t work.

There currently having the g20 in Rome why don’t they do it there. As has been said the other meetings have achieved nothing so then sitting round the table doesn’t work.
    I dunno how they decide who hosts these things. Trying to do something about global warming etc is a lot more constructive than doing nothing. We can't expect all the world leaders to cycle and walk here.

For what it's worth I don't think a huge deal will be agreed at this. Too many plates spinning. Like how would the rest of the world convince Poland to stop burning all the coal they have? The EU is already fining them 500K a day which they are refusing to pay.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast