+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nuno

Nuno

Prior to the Spurs/Man Utd game it has been speculated that this is an important game for both managers in terms of their job security. In Ole's case it is obvious but also you can see why Nuno is in trouble too. He has turned what was already boring side into a crushingly boring side. Backwards sideward safety first football. Look at the number of times in the first half the spurs midfield has received the ball on the half way line with space behind them and just played the ball back towards their own goal. Remind you of anything?

I think Nuno was very lucky when he came to us that we had, at the time, the players to take advantage of his tactics, sadly with departures and injury he did not have a plan B to compensate.

Very grateful for what he did for us and he is rightly up their with our most popular managers in recent time but his limitations are becoming very obvious.

I think he is in trouble regardless of todays score.

I said I didn't expect him to last for two seasons at Spurs, meaning two years. I still expect it to be two seasons, but now just Autumn and Winter.

He did a great job for us in his first three seasons, but with the last one it was as though he was hiding under a rock somewhere.

I have the greatest respect for Nuno and wish him well. I hope he can sort this one out, but it looks like a very difficult mountain to climb!

As has been stated, Nuno was very good for us for a few seasons. Got us promoted in one year and then into continental play for the first time in decades. Kept us up, which is the most important. But the quality of play gradually deteriorated after our first season in the Prem. Part of it was injuries and part of it was just a stale message IMO.

I think he’s still a good manager, but I found it a puzzling hire for Tottenham. They just got rid of Mourinho and then just hired a younger version of current Mourinho. I don’t think he’s the kind of manager you want for a Big 6 club. He would be good for a mid level club. I actually think he should be a candidate for Newcastle. He helped us when we got a new foreign owner and Newcastle will be going through the same thing. I think he’d be able to keep them up and move them forward a bit until they are in position to hire a top tier manager.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    As has been stated, Nuno was very good for us for a few seasons. Got us promoted in one year and then into continental play for the first time in decades. Kept us up, which is the most important. But the quality of play gradually deteriorated after our first season in the Prem. Part of it was injuries and part of it was just a stale message IMO.

I think he’s still a good manager, but I found it a puzzling hire for Tottenham. They just got rid of Mourinho and then just hired a younger version of current Mourinho. I don’t think he’s the kind of manager you want for a Big 6 club. He would be good for a mid level club. I actually think he should be a candidate for Newcastle. He helped us when we got a new foreign owner and Newcastle will be going through the same thing. I think he’d be able to keep them up and move them forward a bit until they are in position to hire a top tier manager.
    Good point about Newcastle.

The inevitable has happened... I think he should have a break from football and reevaluate, seems to have lost it for now.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...ack-head-coach
    Last edited by nortonwolf; 01-11-2021 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    The inevitable has happened... I think he should have a break from football and reevaluate, seems to have lost it for now.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...ack-head-coach
    It was a strange appointment in the first place, still surprised they dumped him so quickly though, still as you say inevitable really.

Time for a break, good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    It was a strange appointment in the first place, still surprised they dumped him so quickly though, still as you say inevitable really.

Time for a break, good luck to him.
    Levy is a mobile disaster area!

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Good point about Newcastle.
    I really cannot see, with the money they've now got and with their inflated opinion where that is going to get them IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE that they will want someine like Nuno.

I also agree that Nuno should go home (Portugal) and have a decent break from football, at least until 2022.

Player Power rears it's head at Spurs. The players should be ashamed, especially Kane. Nuno was/is too nice a man to be treated like that. He needs to take a break from football for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Player Power rears it's head at Spurs. The players should be ashamed, especially Kane. Nuno was/is too nice a man to be treated like that. He needs to take a break from football for a while.
    Players and fans Abbo... but his style of football was never going to be a good fit, if he wants to manage at the highest level he needs to adapt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)