+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nuno

Are we really surprised ? Like most of us I shall be eternally grateful to Nuno for guiding us back to the P.L., which he did, so impressively. With an engaging wisdom he seemed to possess considerable man-management skills, so essential for any manager at this level of the game. However, I'm also mindful of last season when, occasionally, his tactical performance was less than masterful. When Wolves developed the worrying habit of playing with reduced intensity during the first-half of a game, they seemed to do so with an air of confidence that any deficit could be overcome after the break (sometimes it was and sometimes it wasn't) Nuno's seeming lack of concern worried me then and still does. It also worried me when he allowed his 'experimentation' with our defensive back-line to continue for most of the season. In the latter part of the season I began to wonder if Nuno's heart was still in the job ( I still don't think it was!).
    Since a promising beginning at Spurs, he has started to look out of his depth amongst the higher echelons of the Premier League and
    his recent post-match comments have done nothing to convince me otherwise. That said, wherever he goes and whatever he does, I sincerely wish him well.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Player Power rears it's head at Spurs. The players should be ashamed, especially Kane. Nuno was/is too nice a man to be treated like that. He needs to take a break from football for a while.
    For me, there is something not too nice about Kane. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could kick him, but then I am not always right!

If Jimenez was English Kane wouldn't get a look in the English National Team.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    If Jimenez was English Kane wouldn't get a look in the English National Team.
    Abbo', maybe you are right and then maybe you're not, but I think we draw a long-bow to suggest Kane is responsible for Nuno's
    dismissal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)