+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying back Dens----an option

I have just noticed this topic which is a subject that I have carried extensive research on particularly the new stadium development at Campy Nou. I have also discovered how and for what reason Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited was originally set up.
    I believe that the new stadium development at Campy Nou is ‘dead in the water’ because the company set up by Tim Keyes and John Nelms as the trading arm of the Campy Nou development, Camperdown Elm Trading Limited was dissolved on 17th August 2021 due to their failure to submit their annual accounts for the year ending 31st March 2020 to Companies House on time. https://find-and-update.company-info...filing-history
    Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited was also under threat of being struck off again due to their failure to submit their annual accounts for the year ending 31st May 2020 to Companies House on time. https://find-and-update.company-info...filing-history
    In the event John Nelms signed off and submitted very basic Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited annual accounts for the year ending 31st May 2020 on 6th September 2021 to Companies House.
    This was around the same time as John Nelms was supposed to be back in America. The DBPH accounts look like they been prepared very quickly as there is no mention in the accounts of the funds currently being lent to Dundee Football Club Limited or the DBPH shareholding in 71 Brewing Limited where John Nelms is a director.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Agree with all of this. That's why I would like to know how we managed to buy the club out of Administration. Think there might be an exit strategy for our current owners and it seemed to me that Shaded was just being helpful when he suggested that the fans might be prudent to start thinking about possible scenarios. I'd like to see our owners enjoying success at our club.
    The fans managed to but the club out of administration by paying 7p in the £ for it via a CVA, that's not gonna happen with buying Dens. Without the CVA being agreed then Dundee would be playing junior right now.

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    The fans managed to but the club out of administration by paying 7p in the £ for it via a CVA, that's not gonna happen with buying Dens. Without the CVA being agreed then Dundee would be playing junior right now.
    It was actually 6p in £ for the CVA.
    However it has previously been stated that the 1893 Foundation raised £125k in its first full financial year of being in operation.
    I am sure that the vast majority of people who are donating a monthly sum of money to the 1893 Foundation would be happy for this money to go towards a fans fundraising scheme to buy back Dens Park from John Bennett of Sandeman Properties.
    John Nelms said in an interview with Alan Patullo of the Scotsman newspaper on 23rd May 2013 that FPS intended to buy back Dens Park from John Bennett which the Supporters Society could then purchase.
    John Nelms should put into practice what he preaches especially as DBPH paid £1.296 million for the former NCR Camperdown grounds site from Vico Camperdown Limited in early July 2016. Vico Camperdown Limited redeemed their standing security which was granted by the Bank of Ireland on 5th October 2006 ove the site of the former NCR Camperdown grounds on 12th July 2016.
    https://find-and-update.company-info...225203/charges
    According the Vico Camperdown Limited annual accounts for the year ending 31st December 2015 they had a mortgage for their site at Camperdown Dundee (Campy Nou).
    In my opinion the directors of Vico Camperdown Limited must have thought that all their Christmas’s had come at once as from memory their site at Campy Nou had been advertised for sale for several years before DBPH came calling.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Agree with you and shaded, but how do we start a fund raising campaign ?
    Through supporters clubs, or wait until Tim Keyes makes an appearance ?
    It's difficult as it is to get any dialogue with John Nelms.
    I enclose the article from the Scotsman newspaper where John Nelms stated that FPS intended to buy back Dens Park from John Bennett with the Supporters Society purchasing it. https://www.scotsman.com/regions/us-...vision-1574203
    Interestingly John Nelms also mentions in the article that he was present at a near full Dens Park for a pre season friendly in August 2012 against United which proved that there was a large Dundee FC support.
    In my opinion John Nelms did not do his homework otherwise he would have discovered that a lot of ‘one game Charlie’s’ supporting both Dundee and United attend derby matches between both clubs.
    I do not remember this game being played let alone it being a pre season friendly.
    However if it did take place then there was another simple reason for the large attendance. It was Dundee FC’s first time back in the Premier League as Club 12 since we were relegated at the end of the 2004-5 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Much easier to find a new owner with a long term tenancy at tannadice.

I could be wrong here but if they made money out of campy without a stadium why would they put any into DFC.....or improvements to Dens?.....It's a completely seperate buisness.....isn't it?

I don't think there's that much of an emotional pull between the Americans and DFC......if they left us in spl and at tannadice they could easily claim we are in a better position than when they came in.

Why......one of the greatest small words in the English language......Dee fans should be using it a lot more......imho.
    I don't know the answers to the points you make. I would have thought that a football club that owns its own ground would be a better bet than a tenant of the club's major competition for supporters.

I thought the football element was I portent to the potential success for planning permission. Thought the club was key to the project. As you point out there may be no link at all in which case my hope that a profit on Campy might be rolled into redevelopment at Dens to minimise capital gains tax. I know nothing so won't be unduly upset if this is wrong.

I think the why is based on the way that Americans view the pro ision of sporting facilities. They have not seen the progress that they assumed that money would buy them and I am hopeful that they are moving in the right direction with McPake. I get it that there is a sizeable chunk of the support who have no faith in McPake and a good few who are underwhelmed by the behaviour of John Nelms. My problem is that I don't have a plan B.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I enclose the article from the Scotsman newspaper where John Nelms stated that FPS intended to buy back Dens Park from John Bennett with the Supporters Society purchasing it. https://www.scotsman.com/regions/us-...vision-1574203
    Interestingly John Nelms also mentions in the article that he was present at a near full Dens Park for a pre season friendly in August 2012 against United which proved that there was a large Dundee FC support.
    In my opinion John Nelms did not do his homework otherwise he would have discovered that a lot of ‘one game Charlie’s’ supporting both Dundee and United attend derby matches between both clubs.
    I do not remember this game being played let alone it being a pre season friendly.
    However if it did take place then there was another simple reason for the large attendance. It was Dundee FC’s first time back in the Premier League as Club 12 since we were relegated at the end of the 2004-5 season.
    Islay, it is great to have historically accurate comments from you, however, I think most of us are worried about the possible future actions of our owners. Is it possible to create a case for them buying Dens?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Islay, it is great to have historically accurate comments from you, however, I think most of us are worried about the possible future actions of our owners. Is it possible to create a case for them buying Dens?
    I know that a former director of DFCSS prepared a business case for the buy back of Dens Park which was given to John Nelms. Sadly John Nelms was not interested despite what he had told Alan Patullo on 23rd May 2013.
    Deeranged has already touched on this subject in a previous post in the McPake/Yanks topic.

If the foundation, through the fans are investing thousands they can surely ask for a meet with nelms?
    If he refuses they can just bank the money just now?
    Fans only want to know the plans going forward as to dens or a new stadium.
    Prob be better playing at mcdermaid as numbers wud be more than at Tannadice.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    It was actually 6p in £ for the CVA.
    However it has previously been stated that the 1893 Foundation raised £125k in its first full financial year of being in operation.
    I am sure that the vast majority of people who are donating a monthly sum of money to the 1893 Foundation would be happy for this money to go towards a fans fundraising scheme to buy back Dens Park from John Bennett of Sandeman Properties.
    John Nelms said in an interview with Alan Patullo of the Scotsman newspaper on 23rd May 2013 that FPS intended to buy back Dens Park from John Bennett which the Supporters Society could then purchase.
    John Nelms should put into practice what he preaches especially as DBPH paid £1.296 million for the former NCR Camperdown grounds site from Vico Camperdown Limited in early July 2016. Vico Camperdown Limited redeemed their standing security which was granted by the Bank of Ireland on 5th October 2006 ove the site of the former NCR Camperdown grounds on 12th July 2016.
    https://find-and-update.company-info...225203/charges
    According the Vico Camperdown Limited annual accounts for the year ending 31st December 2015 they had a mortgage for their site at Camperdown Dundee (Campy Nou).
    In my opinion the directors of Vico Camperdown Limited must have thought that all their Christmas’s had come at once as from memory their site at Campy Nou had been advertised for sale for several years before DBPH came calling.
    Far easier to get folk to buy into a scheme which ultimately saved the club than to buy into the dream of buying back Dens IMO. £125k in it's first year is very admirable but getting folk to put it in the next time you ask is a far harder task.

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    Far easier to get folk to buy into a scheme which ultimately saved the club than to buy into the dream of buying back Dens IMO. £125k in it's first year is very admirable but getting folk to put it in the next time you ask is a far harder task.
    People who are signed up to the 1893 Foundation which is an ongoing scheme are paying their monthly contribution by direct debit using Go-Cardless. https://dundeefc.co.uk/club/1893-foundation/about/

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)