+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: AJ - in or out ?

Without deliberating any further, - I am of the opinion (rightly or wrongly) that the manager be given until the 18th of December to resolve the goal scoring drought. Its as simple as that, and I've given a plethora of reasons why I feel he should be given the opportunity.
    Removing him from his post now, - would be a knee jerk reaction that proves nothing but placate a few 'fans' who only see football as a results business.
    Now before, - I incur the wrath of Khan or Fatfan, - let me be crystal clear, the 18th of December was chosen specifically as it gives the manager and the squad 5 weeks to sort themselves out, - well ahead of the January window, - allowing the BOD to decide what steps to take to ensure that Queens remain in the Championship.
    I would like to add that dropping to the next division is not an option, - as it appears even more competitive than our own, as poor Falkirk have discovered to their cost.

A lot of back and forth and associated blame getting thrown about but as I've alluded to before, the games about sticking the ball in the pokey. In the last game for instance, 5 gilt edged chances were missed in the first five minutes. For me you don't need extra training to score from two yards if you're a pro footballer and particularly a striker. No luck involved there, albeit they have been the victim of misfortune in a way in other areas

**first half an hour

Lose the next two matches and he’s got to go unfortunately…..

3 wins from 15 games

7 weeks since our last victory against Dunfermline

33 points dropped from a possible 45

Bottom of the league.

It’s time for change.

Johnston out is all superb, fine, good, etc or any other adjective you can think of however who's coming in. Wouldn't appear to be much in the way of suggestions.......

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post
    Johnston out is all superb, fine, good, etc or any other adjective you can think of however who's coming in. Wouldn't appear to be much in the way of suggestions.......
    Are you happy with the way things are going this season ?

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Without trying to state anything too obvious, given the team are languishing at the bottom of the league, I would suggest the answer to that is no. I was merely asking an open question!! Sacking the manager is one small part of a solution (to some keyboard experts) to a problem which has many variants I'm afraid

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    How can anyone be happy with the way things are going this season. Falling to the bottom of the league. Not scoring goals. Low crowds. Lack of atmosphere in the stadium. Rumours of the manager alienating some players. The only plus point I am seeing is that it’s a relatively young squad so if they survive the drop, there may be a slight improvement next season. But as 352 states sacking the manager is a tricky one. Sack Johnstone and who do qos get? What other manager is going to take us on? No budget to speak of and issues with a certain senior board member demanding certain players be signed.
    We are currently in free fall both on and off the park so as 352 states. This is not the only issue. So no, I am certainly not happy with the way things are going, but not all the fault lies with the manager. There is also as much, if not more blame at the door of the board and also the players themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    Bottom line is we did lose and draw these games. We were also gubbed against Arbroath, when they finished with 10 men. I disagree with the draw against killie. We defended well but never created a chance of note on our home patch. Inverness away we were thumped and the score line flattered us. And a few forget that although we created a few chances against raith, our keeper also had a few smart saves to make.
    You make your own luck in football and at the moment we are not at the races. Yes we have a decent defence and midfield but like I have said numerous times, we offer nothing up front. The last forward to score was Roy against Patrick but I can’t remember the last forward to score prior to that. And without goals in the side we are going to struggle. And this side certainly doesn’t have goals in it. That is shown with raith, ayr, Morton, etc. Where we have dominated and created chances but haven’t. fine lines and luck have nothing to do with it. Not having a forward line that can score goals is the main problem
    You don't loose games because you can't score. If the defence and midfield were any good we would be registering draws rather than defeats.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)