+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hearing he's gone

Yes it was suggested recently that Woodrow and a few others have been critical of the training methods under Schopp, although Im not sure what their comments were.

He'll be happy enough with the pay off that hes surely going to get of course. But I would hope deep down if hes got a conscience that hes peed off with himself for not doing a good job at all with the squad he inherited.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Gary Monk wouldn't have us where we are never mind Val Renno and that's saying summat .
    Haha!! Fair point !!

YN , the owners shouldn’t interfere with that side, but what we are seeing is a complete shambles and we could play more football AND be organised. We have seemingly abandoned absolutely everything from last season and look like a completely different outfit. He is the only one to blame. I have never managed a football team in my life and I would’ve got us more points

So glad! We have just opened a bottle of Champers to celebrate, good riddance to the clown.

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    Haha!! Fair point !!

YN , the owners shouldn’t interfere with that side, but what we are seeing is a complete shambles and we could play more football AND be organised. We have seemingly abandoned absolutely everything from last season and look like a completely different outfit. He is the only one to blame. I have never managed a football team in my life and I would’ve got us more points
    That high defensive line with no press going on in front of it and gaps wider than the Bill Gates bank account compared to mine is a real thing of beauty .

That goes back to his 9th game i believe at Stoke and that's what cost us three straightforward points yesterday .

Great HC , oh aye .

😀😀😀😀😀

I'll believe it when a see it.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I'll believe it when a see it.
    Barnsley Chronicle reporting it Pass , just about official in my book .

Heard he was going last weekend but the two late goals gave him a reprieve.

They need to get the next appointment right to try and get some fans back on board

I think it's too late for many , plenty have had enough , not only about the rubbish HC, it's about the way the club is being run down , no thought about the fanbase, ground ownership etc etc all negative ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I think it's too late for many , plenty have had enough , not only about the rubbish HC, it's about the way the club is being run down , no thought about the fanbase, ground ownership etc etc all negative ,
    Here's a tip Tykes, get yourself a good British manager, for instance, Alex Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Here's a tip Tykes, get yourself a good British manager, for instance, Alex Neil.
    I’d be very surprised if it was a British head coach - as the appointment would be contrary to everything the owners have said.
    There is a philosophy at the club and managers such as Wilder or Alex Neil that play an old fashioned style of football and want a say in recruitment ain’t going to fit in at Barnsley.

If it is a UK manager I can only see the manager being appointed to the end of the season - on a sort of salvage mission.

I think the owners will already have a list of head coaches.
    They will have been adding and subtracting names from that list ever since they took over at the club.
    Unlikely any of the names will be British.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 01-11-2021 at 01:43 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123