+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Callum Butcher

Quote Originally Posted by tijuanataxi View Post
    We were just saying that going home on sunday.Long time since heard some of that songs.
    The reason we had their full song sheet is our team allowed it to be a mega party day for them.Lets face it that will probably be Celtic's easiest 3 points away all season.Its even more annoying that they came to Tannadice off the back of a very physically enduring energy sapping game v Hearts on the Thursday night where they lost 3 players to injury including Jota and none of them recovered for Sunday.
    The opportunity was there to take the game to them and shut up their support like we managed to do v The Rangers after they had played in europe also on the Thursday but we surrendered before the huddle was over.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    We don't seem to have hard fair players in midfield at all, we're soft, then we don't have enough skilful players to compensate for the lack of grit. It's a problem.

Gogic not getting game time at Hibs would be the type we need. Hard and skilful.
    Tbh I think we've been signing the wrong type of players for a long time on this. Edwards and McMann see us heading in the right direction but we need more warriors like them. We're far too easily bullied.

Gogic isn't better than Butcher, he is mince in fact

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    Not sure I'd agree with that, best we have played this season is with Levitt, Harkes and Fuchs in midfield, you wouldnt say 2 out of that 3 were anywhere near warriors
    Dunno we played excellent v Rangers with Harkes Butcher Fuchs, where was that up and at them v Celtic, form and confidence play a part too, and giving them minks the shed don't help but that's another story

Very good vs Hibs with Glass, Harkes and Fuchs, but that same trio not so good v Hearts

We have played well with Levitt in there though granted, we miss him for sure, he was good vs Celtic away, again where was that kind of performance, we played scared on Sunday, very annoying

Yes, but Levitt has hardly played. Harkes isn't in the warrior category and add to that Clark Pawlett Sporle Appere Niskanen etc
    Look at the way teams bully us physically especially recently Ross County and Motherwell.
    We need some taller harder players, not easy to find but other clubs find them.
    They didn't really bully us during our winning run

We are going through a poor spell and still 8 teams sit behind us, so they all must have similar flaws or plenty flaws on their own, that's what you get in a tight league where everyone can beat everyone as there isn't much in it quality wise, injures and suspension (yes the avoidable one from Butcher) haven't helped, even sunday missing McMann who is physical

Can you imagine if we were told on August 1st, Utd will go through a poor spell in Dec and still sit 4th, and we'd be moaning and downbeat about it

It's comical really isn't it lol

I think I read somewhere they can if it's regarded as "exceptional circumstances".
    Which is SFA code for "we reserve to take further action if we feel like it or if the Glasgow media hounds us enough"

Yes, quelle surprise it involved Sellick

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I heard Bobby Sands getting a mention as well as that old favourite of theirs, ooh ah up the RA. I mean really? What is it the 1980's FFS?
    It was absolutely disgraceful. Why don't united complain formally about it to the 'powers that be'?
    Thank **** the songs weren't racist!!!🙂
    Couldn't make it up.

Quote Originally Posted by swanny14 View Post
    It was absolutely disgraceful. Why don't united complain formally about it to the 'powers that be'?
    Thank **** the songs weren't racist!!!🙂
    Couldn't make it up.
    They shouldn't get the shed, simple as that, should get the same allocation that sheep and fun get, same goes for Sevco, 3600 across the side of the pitch, out the way of the TV cameras

This gives them an edge the ugly sisters, the noise etc that they make, also doesn't help that Utd fans give it a miss, however we had enough fans there to get behind us if they had shown Sevco type performance instead of surrendering in very weak fashion

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Gogic isn't better than Butcher, he is mince in fact
    I wasn't suggesting we should sign Gogic. I was using him as an example of the TYPE of player that Butchers not.

Combative but disciplined and much better ball retention and distribution than Butcher plus can move play forward better. He was streets ahead of Butcher when playing in previous Hibs sides.

You're a bit easily triggered

That last line is a bit pathetic really stoke, wasn't one bit triggered

If that is your example of what we need instead, ie Gogic then not the best suggestion though, how often did you see him for Hibs? Hardly disciplined and on top of that pretty poor nearly every time I saw him for them, if you think he is an example of better than Butcher on the ball etc, we'll agree to disagree, would be a downgrade

Butcher once back from suspension can be important for us, as we have missed him (through injury and his own stupidity vs Aberdeen) since the injuries and stuff have mounted up he would have been a good option in Dingwall and Fir Park, even then Fuchs was off the boil before his injury, cost us the goal vs St Johnstone (after a needless pass into him by Levitt I may add).. We need form to come back from a few individuals

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    That last line is a bit pathetic really stoke, wasn't one bit triggered

If that is your example of what we need instead, ie Gogic then not the best suggestion though, how often did you see him for Hibs? Hardly disciplined and on top of that pretty poor nearly every time I saw him for them, if you think he is an example of better than Butcher on the ball etc, we'll agree to disagree, would be a downgrade

Butcher once back from suspension can be important for us, as we have missed him (through injury and his own stupidity vs Aberdeen) since the injuries and stuff have mounted up he would have been a good option in Dingwall and Fir Park, even then Fuchs was off the boil before his injury, cost us the goal vs St Johnstone (after a needless pass into him by Levitt I may add).. We need form to come back from a few individuals
    But you are triggered.

One of your poster boys has let the club down twice and you're defending him and trying to make him sound like Baresi.

I grew out of having favourites at 14. I want a team that blends together as a cohesive unit. I want a team that can keep possession and move the ball through midfield.

Butcher was injured, although there were rumours if I recall, ok so he came back from injury, got sent off which could have cost us 3 valuable points, serves his ban which involved missing Dingwall when we could have done with him, then back in the side makes a reckless challenge that's going to see him miss more games.

And you're on here defending him?

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)