+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Everton Matchday Thread

Everton Matchday Thread

Bad feeling about today's game. Crept up on me last night. Don't really rate Everton but they have some half decent players, and the kind to upset our defence, and they need a win badly. Think they we will want it more than us. We shall see.

Come On Mi Babbies!!!!

Great first twenty mins. In another class.

Can I go back to the original prediction? Only joking.

Good first half and a well deserved lead. The concern is Everton's problems are so obvious surely they will get it fixed at half time and the second half will be a different game altogether. Hopefully not.

Anyway, where the hell is everybody?

Superb first half tonight, probably the best so far this season. Dropped a bit too deep in the second, encouraging Everton to come onto us but still created a few chances to extend our lead. In the end I was glad we hung on for a well deserved 3 points.

Last nights game was the first in the League that I have managed to get too, and what a good game it was. As Plater said the first half was superb and my predicted score of Wolves 4 Everton 0, looked on the cards. Only two incredible saves by the England keeper kept the visitors in the game. Trancao and Hee Chan were causing all sorts of problems with their movement and running, while Jimenez was back to the Jimenez that we know. Two well taken goals, in front of the watching England Manager, and the half time 2-0 lead did not tell the true story.

I expected a reaction from Everton and there was. They started to press and chase , creating some chances and although their goal had an element of luck it was well deserved. Wolves themselves had chances to kill the game off, and only Trincao will know how he missed his chance. The last ten minutes were nail biting in view of our win at Villa and the Leeds equaliser, but the team spirit showed through and a stunning save by Sa ensured three more points.

Seven more wins should see us safe for the season and a better ratio of wins could hopefully see us pushing for another European place. Palace at the weekend will be a tougher test.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)